An Objective View of McCain vis-a-vis Joe the "Plumber"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by iceman1, Oct 19, 2008.

1. LOL wrong again.

#11     Oct 20, 2008
  2. [​IMG]

#12     Oct 20, 2008
  3. Polls of likely voters only give Obama a 2-3 point lead. Thats it.

#13     Oct 20, 2008
  4. INTRADE in the 2004 election picked all 50 states and the winner, George Bush; and in the 2006 Senate races also called all races correctly.

Seneca

#14     Oct 20, 2008
  5. Um one year is hardly a track record.

#15     Oct 20, 2008
  6. kut2k2

kut2k2

#16     Nov 3, 2008
  7. Objectively... if you were McCain...........before you brought all this attention to "Joe Plumber" and used him as a model or prototype of the kind of voter you felt supported and understood your viewpoint, ideas and economic values... wouldn't you FIRST want to finds out just a LITTLE ABOUT HIM! But McCain is too much of a gunslinger, too burned out and old school to do things the right way and actually do some background checking on the guy. Nope, as Yogi Berra would say.... this is like Palin all over again!!

I get the principle that "Joe a/k/a the plumber" is a (misguided) symbol to some voters of a viewpoint that Obama's >>initial<< taxation ideas are supposedly contrary to their expansionary business ideas and dreams. But REALLY... a guy that probably makes 45-70K annually at most, owes back taxes, has no wife, has other alleged baggage, once again DOES NOT show good judgment on McCain' part or on the part of his advisors to use him as a symbolic proponent. Of course McCain/Palin are appealing to the lowest common denominator of human thought in the USA today............ since most intellent persons of all persuasions can see through all their conservative right-wing "Do as I Say Not As I Do B.S.... THIS TIME !

Palin = strike 1

Joe Plumber = strike 2

Colin Powell = strike 3

November 4th = YOU'RE OUT

#17     Nov 3, 2008