An Obama America....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by libertad, Jul 29, 2009.

1. That statement is so full of crap and you know it. Blaming unemployment on Obama is like blaming Gm’s bankruptcy on it’s new ceo. Why don’t grow up and watch something else besides Fox news.

#21     Jul 31, 2009
  2. Now if Bush played Obama's style of politics, Bush would have gone to Ground Zero, climbed up one the pile of rubble, grabbed the Bullhorn and told the firefighters "Al Queada and Bin Laden were problems I inherited, this whole thing is Clinton's fault"

#22     Jul 31, 2009
  3. Very telling pictures.

[​IMG]

#23     Aug 1, 2009
  4. I guess you missed the memo on the stimulus.

#24     Aug 1, 2009
  5. In the begining, I was somewhat impressed with his oratory but frankly after his special olympics comment and now the police incident, on the case - nutmeg oratory index he's now rated as a "good" Baptist preacher speaker. I spect in the next 100 days there'll be another guffaw. Maybe Obama is spending too much time with Biden.

#26     Aug 1, 2009
  6. Yea and I bet when unemployment starts going down you’ll say “well those aren’t good jobs” and then it will be “well those jobs are just stupid ones the government created.” Anything so as to make it look like the economy is bad under a popular Democratic president.

I know a real story is never appreciated around here because it’s not a “theory” advocated by the Cato institute or Milton Friedman, but here’s mine. After not being able to make any money at the job I was at for a few years (which used to make a lot of money) I managed to get a temp job with the Census a few months ago. Part of the stimulus package included increased Census funding. The job only lasted about 6 weeks but at $18 an hour, I was able to save a little money. I then got a job as a caddie at a golf course. For the most part it really wasn’t worth it. It seems while rich people are nice and tip good when they use your service, if they have the option of using your service, 90% don’t. Now I am about to start training at a car dealership. Well we know how busy they’ve been the past week thanks to the stimulus money. What a great time to start. So as you can see in a real life story, it seems the rich and private enterprise ain’t creating a whole lot of anything, but meanwhile the stimulus is. I’m sorry if Fox News didn’t tell you about this.

#27     Aug 1, 2009
  7. All right from the mouth of your boy and not Fox news as your brainwashed melon would like you to believe.

"President Obama says he expects the nation's jobless rate, which is the highest it has been in 26 years, to get still worse before it gets better."

"President Barack Obama offered stern words for Wall Street and a prediction of 10 percent U.S."

"Will unemployment reach 10%? asks Hunt.
    “Yes,” says the president."

Perhaps you should be telling Obama about how wonderful the stimulus is because it appears he doesn't think it's doing too good either.

#28     Aug 2, 2009
  8. Look, it doesn’t matter what Obama does, you will critisize him for it. You do whatever Sean Hannity tells you to. You know damn well the economy is like a cruise ship, but yet you’re throwing a temper tantrum because it’s not turning around like a row boat.

Obama is telling everybody it’s going to be bad for awhile because if he says it’s turning around soon, people like you will critisize him for saying that when it’s not turning soon enough. But then when he says its going to be a slow process, you point out that it’s so bad out there. It doesn’t matter what he says, you’ll critisize him for it.

But let’s forget about all that for just one minute and take a little trip back in time. The year is 1981 and the economy is in the crapper. The hero of the Republican party has just become President. Then of course by August of that year, the economy is healed and made new again by his miraculous wisdom. Oh wait, what? Unemployment didn’t peak until 1983? 2 full years after he was President? That can’t be right.
    [​IMG]
    Oh but what dissapointment it is when we find that, yes it took a little longer than August of 1981 for the economy to recover. Bummer, ain’t those facts a bitch. I’ll understand if you stop posting on this thread.

#29     Aug 2, 2009
  9. He laid out the high water mark number and all of sudden you and him have forgotten!?

GDamn right I'm critical when that thug stood up and told us how this country was doomed if we didn't pass that stimulus NOW and NO ONE could even read it because we needed it yesterday!

They've spent approx 12% of it to date, are mumbling about needing another one, and telling us 10% UE is right around the corner and he as the audacity to say that the "stimulus worked as intended."

Every American should be critical of this crap!

I could care less about UE under Reagan, Carter, Washington...that is irrelevant to the point of this discussion. Perhaps you should ask Rachel Maddow what else you should think?

#30     Aug 2, 2009