An Iraqi Appeal Under the UN charter?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by alfonso, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Maybe, but I would do it anyway, just to expose the US as the number 1 perpetrator of illegal international acts that it is.

It looks like the end of the Cold War was the worst thing to happen for the 200 other countries besides America. At least back then international outrages like would have been a bit harder to pull off.

Who's the counterbalance now? I can only think of China, who I'm surprised isn't pouncing on this opportunity to check the spread of US influence. The US might just listen too -- a billion people is a big market to lose. Then again, the Chinese aren't idiots, I'm sure they've got something cooking.

#11     Apr 2, 2003

2. No doubt he is. I wonder how he'd stack up against James Crawford, Professor of International Law at Cambridge, who has no doubt this war has no legal basis in existing SC resolutions.

#12     Apr 2, 2003
  3. skeptic123

skeptic123 Guest

You could try of course assuming that you are Saddam and you are still alive. You also have to understand that unavoidable failure to muster necessary votes would completely legalize the act of liberation of Iraq. Not that it needs legalizing.

China itself is not too fond of muslims. They also sell us everything they manufacture so they need us more then we need them. On top of it when in the next 20 years they try to grab half of russian far east - they will want us not to get involved.

#13     Apr 2, 2003

4. We'll see in 50 years who needs who.

#14     Apr 2, 2003
  5. Yes, it was a perfect time, wasn't it? The good old days - when the glorious Soviet Union was around to spread peace, justice, freedom, and totally non-outrageous behavior around the globe.

Dudes, you're arguing with a guy who thinks the end of the Cold War was a bad thing - possibly because it cut down severely on the number of workers' paradises to which he could happily emigrate. I guess he could try North Korea...

From his previous posts, he also considers the following (just one small example) to be "yucky" - that was his expression - but maybe "not that intolerable":

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2908827.stm

#15     Apr 2, 2003
  6. Unquestionably, the United States of America will not exist in its current form forever. Over the next 100 to 200 years, there will be a decay of civil order throughout the United States as the end of the petroleum age draws closer and world economies take two steps back to take one step forward for other energy options.

In the meantime, the United States is establishing a democracy in Iraq, which is a perfect location to keep tabs on the entire middle-eastern area. With the help of Isreal, England (our former mother), we'll establish total control of the oil in that region and maintain our level of social comfort for the time-being.

However, gradually other areas of the world will view the United States with great disdain. There will be more terrorists attacks, with one occurring within the next 25 years that will cripple the entire U.S. economy and cause massive changes within the United States. The collapse of many state economies will cause rifts within the union, resulting in a split within the United States.

That's my opinion. The times might be off a bit, but sooner or later there will be massive changes. Massive changes occur over relatively large time-scales. What we are all witnessing today will eventually be covered in a history textbook in the year 3000 as the "fall of the new Rome." (American Empire -- The End of American Dominance)

Ps: For the record, I support my country (The United States) because it is my home. However, I'm not so naive as to realize that this is all just a ripple in the pond when compared with the larger scheme of things. I love this country as an Iraqi would love his. The object of affection is different but the reasons are similar -- it is home.

#16     Apr 3, 2003

7. i hope you get SARS

#17     Apr 3, 2003
  8. You know, I've been reading some of your recent posts... and yes, I too think you should get SARS.

#18     Apr 3, 2003
  9. its funny to watch the anti-war people grasp at whatever feeble straw they can find. Its funny, but the joke is on them. Iraq will be a free nation in a matter of weeks, and all this BS will be for nothing. I suggest you people try to adapt to the U.S. as a super power with the UK, Australia, "new europe", and dozens of other countries on our side. All this BS about "illegal war" just makes you look stupid and desperate.

#19     Apr 3, 2003

10. Do not classify them as ANTI_WAR...they are ANTI -Republican....there is a difference....these people hate Bush....they do not care about the war , only trying to discredit bush......if they were Anti war they would have demonstrated against Clinton's white house during the 90's when he was waging war ....they also NEVER ONCE PROTESTED AGAINST SH TO DISARM..

#20     Apr 3, 2003