An Interview with Top Trader Dan Zanger

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jackstone54, May 3, 2008.

1. You should respect him a lot more. Hell, the guy rarely shorts a stock and makes most of his big gains in a bull market going long. Isn't this your kind of guy?

I'm surprised you not sucking his dick to be quite frank.

NN

#31     May 14, 2008
  2. SH_DW

SH_DW

IF you have money.. otherwise, it's a B I G part! :D

#32     May 14, 2008
  3. just when i didnt think this post could get any worse.. lmao!
    he "STUDIES" 400 TO 800 CHARTS A NIGHT...

WHATEVER!!!!

DO THE MATH DIPSHITZ...

NO ONE STUDIES 400 OF ANYTHING IN A NGHT ESPECIALLY IF THEY SEEM TO BE SWING TRADERS

#33     May 14, 2008
  4. hausse

hausse

This is quite doable if one knows what to look for, works with concentration and has the data locally stored, not loading charts from the web.

If memory serves, he said his couple of hundred charts that he studies daily have grown to 1400 or 1500 charts. Reading his interviews is useful if one is interested in his way of trading and how he does things.

#34     May 14, 2008
  5. SH_DW

SH_DW

GREAT Quote! Accolades!! :cool:

#35     May 14, 2008
  6. Scanning 400-800 charts within one sitting is not a problem. If you have been studying charts and trading the markets for years, then you should be able to easily flip through 25 charts at a time on a screen quickly dismissing the undesirable charts and narrowing your focus into a small group.

Now if your a daytrader at Swifty or Brite, then of course, there is a different strategy involved.

However, I'd rather take advice from the guy who actually made millions of dollars trading his own money starting from a small pile then a two-bit prop trader scalping 50 dollars at a time and worrying if he might be walked out the door next.

#36     May 14, 2008
  7. um.. i am more of a 64 bit trader..since i put the majority of my trades in through the computer!! LOL

will you please prove your point and show me a screen shot of how in the hell you look at 25 charts at once on one screen?

I love it.. everyone here sticking up for theer man Dan. You guys should start a threa " spy shots of dan in public and see if you can garner any more holy grails or trades ecrets form his demeanor:.. LOL LOL please pour on some more love for me.. i love hearing froom you guys.. now this is stress relief.. and comedy relief..loll lol lol all day long

#37     May 14, 2008
  8. i dont think you trade at all.

I use prophet.net.

Here is a screenshot of a sample screen that I do nightly. I basically have them lined up and scroll quickly down through the charts. Then I kick out the stocks that I like to a focus or watch list.

You can line them up how you want them, but I do pairs and then scroll down using the page down key. I know people who have it setup so they fit it all on one big screen, but I do better scrolling and scanning.

I then scrutinize the charts that appear to be the patterns that I want from the focus list eliminating some and bringing it down to the short list.

Reading the charts is not a science, but an art. It takes a lot of experience and skill to be able to scroll through these charts looking for the patterns you want.

Since your an internet troll, you wouldnt know how to interpret those sharp lines on the chart. However, do it nightly, every night, for a few years and you will be able to read it like music. It will sing out to you eventually.

It took Dan about 20 years of his life and 3 blown accounts to get to the point where he could turn 11k into millions. Its not easy, but not impossible.

#38     May 15, 2008
  9. you siad you have been doing it for a few years.. it took dan 20 so have fun looking at your little picture s for the next 17 years.. then you will be successful!!!!!!!!!! and wear crappy looking shirts.. you got me you are right .. i have never traded before.. I am a broke college kid looking to strike it rich by selling volatility spreads and arbitrageing pricks like yourself..please keep sending me yoru charts so I Can govbble up your little terd trades as you shit them out of your dumbass

#39     May 15, 2008
  10. p.s your image only shows barely 6 charts/? not 25 like you said

still no proof.. i find it hard to believe you are using those charts for day trding

p.s prophet.net is like eatin at a place that advetises/.. best mexcian food ever.. rated best etc.

Why don't you go to a real firm like Goldman

#40     May 15, 2008