An Interview with Top Trader Dan Zanger

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jackstone54, May 3, 2008.

1. J-Law

J-Law

Just listen to what he man has to say. Who cares what he's wearing.

He just gave you his trading approach on camera for you to listen to & reference over and over & all u r concerned about is his shirt ?

??????

#11     May 13, 2008
  2. wickcity

wickcity

Agree completely.

#12     May 13, 2008
  3. Zanger hauled what like $20m net out of the markets with his aggressive trading style and now gets criticized by half-broke college kids on an anonymous message board. Only on ET!

#13     May 13, 2008
  4. Even the greatest man that has set foot in this world is ridiculed

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9YPDXmEsQtQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9YPDXmEsQtQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

#14     May 13, 2008
  5. helloo... what has dan zanger done lately.. and 20 million is nothign to be excited about.. especially when buying option s during the dot com boom.. lol.. um peopel like JOHN Arnold are true traders.. made over a billion.. tradign natty.. helloo.. wake up people... anyway.. the guy is obvioulsy losing it... i think its funny how "cutten" says stuff like.."if you've ever been in fron of a movie cameraetc" lol.. this is the best post I hav ever come across on ET.. I think I see a crack pipe stickign out of his shirt.. and dan Znager might be gay so I find it hard to believe he is banging coke whores..

#15     May 13, 2008
  6. Zanger was using much less capital during an extravagant tech bubble where stocks went from 1 dollar to 100 dollars overnight. He got in at exactly the right time and then exited using a high level of margin.

However, today he is utilizing more capital during a less turbulent time. He cant simply go in and out of low float/small cap/high growth stocks like he once did with the amount of capital that he is utilizing.

Therefore, he changed his strategy to use large cap growth stocks like Apple, EBAY and GOOG. He still enjoys good returns, but his strategy is less aggressive at the present time.

If you made millions of dollars, would your strategy become more or less aggressive? My strategy would become less aggressive simply because of the fact I wouldnt care anymore. I would just want to generate a decent return rather then go for the gold.

#16     May 13, 2008
  7. :D

#17     May 13, 2008
  8. Agreed 100%
    Excellent point my friend.

The fact of the matter is that this guy was objective enough to see that he had to change his trading style ( and risk management ) given the change in market environment and where he was in his trading career . . . Apparently, he has bee successful at doing so!

So many people are undisciplined in this business, and aren't able to see the FOREST through the TREES, let alone able to "adapt" to different market environments.

#18     May 13, 2008
  9. plan

plan

Zanger used to be at the top of his game years ago but he's not that much use for daytraders anymore.

Swing trading sure, daytrading no, he shows the same damn stocks every day.

For daytrading i find www.highchartpatterns.com much better, same style, but focused on daytraders.

I was with Zanger years ago and he really was awesome. He did a lot of work, had a lot of picks but now it's just the same old stuff that everyone else knows about... Oils, RIMM, POT.... yah, no shit.

And what's this about him being a pillow-biter? He used to show pxs of his alleged g/f in the chat but who knows....

#19     May 13, 2008
  10. You can bet that has already been done.:D

#20     May 13, 2008