An Indian Company Announced 63,000 Job Openings... 19 Million People Applied

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Banjo, Jan 8, 2019.

1. toc

toc

One thing I would like to mention is that Harvard or IIT or Yale or Cambridge etc. are NO out of the world universities where some "alien" theories are taught. Basically what they do is take only "top of the top" students with proven excellence. Then they throw a good load of work on these students.

It is 3x harder to get into these Ivy leagues than to clear their degree programs.

Places like IITs an entrance exam is required while at Harvard and others good grade standing with top level experience is thrown into admission process. Some may require an essay to evaluate the mind of the applicant also.

Also an example of impracticality of IITs is a student might have high liking for say computer science or mechanical engineering but with entrance exam results would only be selected into civil engineering. Poor guy has to give up his passion for a field in a trade off for a degree from top university. Most of them do not go to second tier college and sign into the area that they may actually dislike.

#21     Jan 8, 2019
  2. comagnum

comagnum

Location truly is everything. Those living in the U.S. or other rich nations have a far easier life - there is no doubt about that.

Now lets hope that the applicants don't end up doing the IRS phone scams which are estimated to have made the scamming call centers hundreds of millions by terrorizing naive victims.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    #22     Jan 9, 2019
  3. Sig

Sig

I didn't know that about Nadella. That's good to hear, I feel the same way when I see the number of CEOs of big U.S. companies who "just" went to solid state schools, it makes it clear that performance matters more than what school you went to. I think closing the gates based on university admission is a waste of human capital, despite the fact that it personally benefits me.

#23     Jan 9, 2019
    ironchef and d08 like this.
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

What makes America great is that anyone can succeed. Corporate America is littered with people who started from humble beginnings. People from top schools succeed because they had the drive, intellectual horsepower and competitiveness to get into those schools in the first place (by in large - there are always exceptions) and those skills are what made them successful in their careers.

#24     Jan 9, 2019
    ironchef likes this.
  5. toc

toc

You forgot one point the PR i.e. public relations. After intellectual horsepower, I think PR is the second most important variable.

#25     Jan 9, 2019
  6. Overnight

Overnight

Man do those guys chafe my ass. Luckily our prefix is no longer in their sweep range, but man it was bad 12-18 months ago. And getting NomoRobo has helped a bunch I'm sure.

#26     Jan 9, 2019
  7. eclark

eclark

Yeah. This is one of the most annoying scam ever. I have just Googled about them and can easily find many reports filed by people at https://www.whycall.me/443-273-5114.html since last year. What a scam. No one can stop those scammers, I think.

#27     Jan 10, 2019
  8. I read through this thread.

It doesn't seem ET posters want to put forth something positive.

(Definitely encouraging parents to limit the number of children to one or two would be an enormous step forward for the planet.)

However, that aside, the article is about a huge number of well-educated people not being able to find jobs. To those living in the USA and other developed countries with access to capital this article should cry "opportunity".
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019...the+survival+rate+for+everyone+drops+to+zero)

USA prides itself on being a country of entrepreneurs.

So the question could be:
    "What business or enterprise idea can I create to generate a useful product or service and create good jobs for this huge pool of potentially great employees?"

That is how can I create a better planet, how can I bring forth good to the planet, how can I be a conduit of the Creative Intelligence of the Universe and improve the planet in a win-win situation?

We do not need to buy into doom and gloom, automate and stagnate, war, fear and destruction. This is buying into the fear and ugliness foisted upon us by mainstream news media.

They are good solutions being brought forward everyday quietly by good people which are ignored by the media.

Turn your mind to:
    "How can I bring forth goodness to the planet?"

#28     Jan 12, 2019
    Cuddles likes this.
  9. TTT

TTT

Living in the countryside and being self-sufficient is the right path. Otherwise the planet is doomed. He already said bull sitting. They will only stop when they see that money is not eaten.

#29     Jan 13, 2019
  10. ironchef

ironchef

Agree, unless you want to be a Supreme Court Justice. :finger:

#30     Jan 13, 2019