An Inconvenient Truth About The Bush Tax Cuts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Lucrum was right - what is "Optional" about you? Logic? Intelligence?

We don't have to be in the top 1% to know a slippery slope when we see one. After the government and all you moonbats have milked the 1%, what's the next group? The 5%? 10%? Lots of us are in that, I'm sure.

The 1% won't solve the problems, dude. So that's just the starting point. Not to mention the whole "going against what the country was founded on" philosophy that many of us try to withhold.

#31     Nov 29, 2012
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

+1

#32     Nov 29, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

I think everybody should have a stake in paying for our country. If you have any income, you should pay some taxes even if it is a token amount. The liberal talk of 'pay their fair share' is misleading and designed as a class warfare comment. It inspires one class to resent another.

#33     Nov 29, 2012
  4. pspr

pspr

Also, the 1% have the means to move to other places and take their money out of the country. Raising their taxes doesn't necessarily mean more revenue. I means they will find other places to put their money resulting in a slower economy and lost revenue.

#34     Nov 29, 2012
  5. That's too simple, and a simple solution doesn't work with our congress. Fair to the leftist is you pay for everything, I pay for nothing. Fair to the leftist is my great, great, great, great, great granddaddy got hosed and I'm here to collect. Fair to the leftist in my ancestors got pushed out and I'm here to move in, at your expense.

#35     Nov 29, 2012
  6. There is no answer because this varies from zip code to zip code.

That is why a flat tax is the only answer. Close every loophole, and then a flat tax.

For all you bible thumpers out there, how does 10% sound?

#36     Nov 29, 2012
  7. Hyperbole.

Are you upset about something?

#37     Nov 29, 2012
  8. So are you a believer in trickle down?

#38     Nov 29, 2012
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Why does the Bible have to come into it? I don't know if 10% is right, but a flat tax is the only answer. I agree.

#39     Nov 29, 2012
  10. A great many low information republican voters live in the rural areas, which are beset with poverty.

Now, if you take this number in the absolute, it is a safe bet that more republicans get welfare than democrats.

#40     Nov 29, 2012