An idea

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Rex84, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Here's another trading approach:

Take a small position (BUY/SELL). If the trade goes your way, take the money and run. If not, wait until it goes so wrong that it starts hurting your ego/psyche/account balance. Once it reaches that pain threshold, take a large position in the same direction (BUY/SELL) as the original trade. There is now a high probability that the market will go in your direction and you become a millionaire.

Disclaimer: I don't trade this way...this is just a suggestion.

#21     Mar 31, 2009
  2. Kap

Kap

:D nice one, yes i hear you .. my algo prog does that all day...well it tries its best ;-)

#22     Mar 31, 2009
  3. how many times is this going to be brought up ? ... gheez.

ur answer is no.

#23     Apr 1, 2009
  4. Who here know's the story about the CEO and The young elevator operators stock picks?

#24     Apr 7, 2009
  5. Forex brokers do this too. They take the other side of their customers trader except only the best traders. I know of a guy where the broker actually asks him where he's putting his trades, so they broker can be on the right side

#25     Apr 7, 2009
  6. januszon

januszon

"My idea is what if I were to hire someone like the last person I mentioned and pay that person to pick stocks, and whatever that person tells you to do, you take the other side of the trade. Has this ever been tried?"
    Hi Rex,
    This is really great idea. But think about. Instead of hiring somebody (who can from time to time make actual good trades),
    and paying, why not find the worst, lousiest trading system, Mother of all guarantive failure systems.
    I'm sure you can find help here with this kind of system.
    After you master that system, you just take opposite trades.
    Simple ?
    I tell you I was first with this idea ! had like 90% loosing trades, when I started, and whoa! Eureka ! Ii is so simple. Just trade opposite. Result .... again 90% loosing trades ! Why ??
    I'm not sure; I guess Market doesn't like this kind of "smarties'
    :)
    This has of course nothing do to with "centenarian trading" which can be quite successfully.
    I'm very sorry if I disappointed or even offended by reply.

Maybe other member will have opinion about this approach; specially somebody who does it with success and can prove it on
    live trading.
    Happy Eastern to Rex
    and everyby!:) :)

#26     Apr 8, 2009
  7. januszon

januszon

A you talking about so called Bucket Shop, where they trade against their customer, still very common on FOREX market ?
    (no all brokers are ENC, not all who claim so are also not on ECn)
    But they trade against us and they know our entries, targets, stop losses and after a while -strategies. And one more... by end of the day they a supposed to win ( so you must be losser..).

#27     Apr 8, 2009
  8. If all you need is a consistant loser, then look no further than ET's own stock_trad3r. The man defies statistics with how often he is wrong.

#28     Apr 8, 2009