An idea for PDT opponents

Discussion in 'Trading' started by vladiator, Nov 26, 2002.

1. tampa

tampa

...didn't read the rules before trading, and apparently haven't read the "Homeland Security Act"...

BTW - your poll is not scientific - it's bogus...

#21     Nov 26, 2002
  2. qdz

qdz

You are good at irrelevance.

By the way, how scientific is trading? Trading is an arts. Trading is about social. But if you can make suggestion to make the poll more scientific, I will appreciate it. The poll is no bogus. But you are if you cannot give scientific suggestions.

:p

#22     Nov 26, 2002
  3. tampa

tampa

Polls where people are not chosen at random are not, and cannot be scientific - people with an agenda are the only ones who participate in your kind of poll.

Thank you for recognizing my irreverence - it's always nice to have one's work noted.

#23     Nov 26, 2002
  4. qdz and hiaaiiiooo (what kinda of a freakin effed up name is that anyway..) you are both complete nut jobs.

you waste day after day of your miserable lives crying foul about pdt and when an opportunity is offered to you that might actually somehow help your cause - above and beyond the incredibly ineffective steps you've taken thus far - you have the nerve to shoot down the messenger with more pointless prattle... sheesh..

vlad, your study may still have some value - especially for an academic like you :) - and is probably still worth pursuing. i wouldn't be too concerned about the childish whinings from dumb and dumber here..

#24     Nov 26, 2002
  5. I've said what I have to say on this subject Daniel. If you want to be taken in by a bullshitter, that's your decision.
    Thanks for your mature remarks about my screenname.

#25     Nov 26, 2002
  6. qdz

qdz

qdz will be my badge symbol.

#26     Nov 27, 2002
  7. Hypothesis: QDZ=hii a_ooiioo_a

#27     Nov 27, 2002
  8. qdz

qdz

Thanks a lot, alterego. I am flattered. I wish my English is as good as hii's.

#28     Nov 27, 2002
  9. an academic study is all well and good and thanks for your kind efforts vlad, but this one has to be fought differently.

For all you anti-whiners whiners, there is a very legitimate issue in the recent PDT rule application to options only - the issue of no notice at all to anyone except after the 'changed' (bastardized? altered? made up? whatever) rule was applied, and that most options trades do not utilize a penny of margin - they're cash upfront.

Oh and the reason I decided to post - Vlad, you posted at 3am and then at 1pm wondered where all the whiner's replies were - we whiners have to pay a lot of (tick by tick) attention - after all we can only trade once every two days - no stops, no mistakes! (of course, we whiners are limited only to the options trader persuasion)

#29     Nov 27, 2002
  10. nusrat

nusrat

vlad, it's one thing to ask individuals to provide their own personal data -- easy enough, merely requiring the will to do it -- and quite another thing to expect a number of unrelated individuals to coalesce to petition a broker.

Suggestion: post a poll wherein each mutually exclusive response corresponds to a broker who's applying PDT rules to options. Select the broker with the greatest number of responses. Post a solicitation to members who use that broker, either to separately make the request of the broker or to jointly petition the broker to release their data for your study.

#30     Nov 27, 2002