An Example Of Liberal Respect For Free Speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Apr 17, 2009.

1. I have to admit I find a certain irony in olberman and this airhead commenting on brain dysfunction.

Liberal actress says tea parties were racist
    By Amanda Carpenter on April 17, 2009

Liberal actress and political activist Janeane Garofalo, in all seriousness, said activists who attended tea parties are racists with dysfunctional brains in a recent prime-time television appearance.

"Let's be very honest about what this is about. This is not about bashing Democrats. It's not about taxes. They have no idea what the Boston Tea party was about. They don't know their history at all. It's about hating a black man in the White House," she said on MSNBC's "The Countdown" with Keith Olbermann Thursday evening. "This is racism straight up and is nothing but a bunch of teabagging rednecks. There is no way around that."

Olbermann did not once try to challenge her on those assertions.

The actress went on to describe the brain size of typical "right-winger, Republican or conservative or your average white power activist."

"Their synapses are misfiring. ... It is a neurological problem we are dealing with," she said. This isn't the first time she's offered this analysis, either. Ms. Garofalo said similar things about Alaskan GOP Governor Sarah Palin's brain last February in an interview with an environmental blog.

The actress went on to bash the GOP on MSNBC Thursday because it had "crystallized into the white power movement" as well as Fox News, which she said has captured the "Klan demo[graphic]."

"Who else is Fox talking to? Urban older white guys and their girlfriends who suffer from Stockholm Syndrome," she said.

Ironically, Ms. Garofalo is currently playing a role on the drama 24, which is aired by the Fox Broadcasting Company and is popular among conservative circles.

2. Ms. Garofalo got it right. Enough of the nodding and winking. Let's call it what it is.

3. I'm still wondering why you've "runaway" and pussy'd out on answering my question from 4 days ago about what you would have done as Commander in Chief in the hostage situation of Captail Richard Phillips.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=160732&perpage=6&pagenumber=3

Why are you being such a coward?

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Sounds to me like that ignorant bitch is the one that doesn't know what the Boston Tea Party was all about.

5. Actually, no. That would be you.

6. Speaking of Fox:

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,980,000
    FOXNEWS HANNITY 3,239,000
    FOXNEWS GRETA 2,947,000
    FOXNEWS BECK 2,740,000
    FOXNEWS BAIER 2,401,000
    FOXNEWS SHEP 2,185,000
    COMEDY DAILY SHOW 1,777,000
    MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,499,000
    COMEDY COLBERT 1,446,000
    CNNHN GRACE 1,336,000
    CNN KING 1,292,000
    MSNBC MADDOW 1,149,000
    CNN COOPER 1,021,000

7. Well, well.
    If it isn't our resident "tea-bagger"
    :D

8. 25% to 33% of people in this country are hopelessly stupid fools (exactly equal to fluctuations in bush support ratings during final months of his presidency)

9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

The average person is average.

10. TGregg

TGregg

She starred in some movie - maybe it was called Cats and Dogs or something can't recall - but she was attractive in it. It was a good movie and she did well.

On 24 however, she's trying to be the new instance of a sullen female computer genius/geek, and she just cannot pull it off with any realism at all. It would appear that a functional brain is required for that role. It's been a dissapointment with the women in this season of 24 between her and the FBI agent. Jack's doctor sure is a babe, though. Holy moly!

I don't find Garofalo's statements surprising in the least. Standard fare for the Hollywood Moonbats.

#10     Apr 17, 2009