An Egyptian story

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sameeh55, Feb 4, 2011.

1. My hope is that Egypt avoids this path. I cannot tell you in all honesty that it will.

He hopes Egypt won't, I hope it won't and most people hope it doesn't.

I hope I become a billionaire too but it probably won't happen.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2045888-3,00.html#ixzz1D2O61QXK

#11     Feb 4, 2011
  2. Yes, I am assuming there is such a thing as free and fair elections, but in practice I don't see it happen anywhere, even in America...especially since the supreme court allows corporations to influence elections.

Free and fair?

Where would that be?

Educated electorate making reasonable decisions based on fact and free of bias of media or any type, or special interest groups, etc.?

Where would that be.

I say let things play out the way they play out, it is not our country.

Had we learned our lesson in the 70's from the oil embargo, and divorced ourselves of that region entirely, let Israel fend for themselves...we would be free from the madness over there because we would be independent of the oil they own.

It is our own fault that we are mixed up in this now. Had we done the right thing in the 70's, we would not be in this mess today.

Our solutions?

Get off the crack ASAP!

Our number one agenda for our country should be energy independence by all means in the next decade, and if that was our collective goal, it would happen faster than anyone can imagine.

Egypt and the Muslims are not the problem, they are the symptom...

It is time to stop trying to bandage the symptoms and the bleeding that will come, and just fix our own problem, which we could in no time at all if we all set our collective minds to it.

#12     Feb 4, 2011
  3. Good post.

#13     Feb 4, 2011
  4. Sure, let's let them play out. Just little jimmy did in Iran and we know how well that turned out.

There are no jews nor oil in Pakistan so what is your explanation for their issues?

What about Somalia???

The fact that liberals cannot grasp is that the muslim world has a whole lot of fanatics that want to kill us. Not because of oil or anything else, just because.

Keep pushing for mubarak to turn the gov't over and then watch out. The world is a vastly different and more dangerous place.

#14     Feb 4, 2011
  5. What Iran did is irrelevant.

The only relevancy is that we did not learn from the oil embargo, and remain dependent on middle east oil.

That is the only real problem and so the only real solution is not to be found in trying to control the countries that own the oil we need.

It is time to grow up and be free from our oil addiction to the middle east.

We can no longer play policemen of the world, we can't afford it...and it doesn't work.

But we can become energy independent if we fight that war the way we fought WWII, with everyone, I mean everone fighting that war as if our futures depend on it, making sacrifices, and pulling together to make it happen.

Your way of thinking is regressive, mine is progressive toward what is best for America in the long run...

#15     Feb 4, 2011
  6. Do we want free and fair elections in America, where a right wing undereducated kook like Sarah Palin could become president?
    Have you ever heard about checks and balances? I bet you have. Would you please let us know what checks and balances exist in the Egyptian political system. Perhaps when you do your comparison of Sarah Palin with the election of Hamas/taliban/Ahmadinejad and other Islamic fundamentalists will have some weight.

And yes, we should all want free and fair elections in Egypt, even if they vote in the wrong party.
    You do realize that in that region it could easily cause wars, destruction and devastation, hundreds of thousands if not millions of casualties, mostly among arabs, don't you? Of course your uber-leftist ilk throws a hysterical fit over a dead palestinian who was caught in a crossfire and demonstrates total disregard for human life as an outcome of your moronic and non-working ideas a and policies. The suffering of the Iranian people is one such example. But as long as you have an opportunity to moralize and scream self-righteous politically-correct slogans at the top of you lungs, you can't be bothered with real life repercussions of your imbecile utopian views and actions.

#16     Feb 4, 2011
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Also touche.

Edit: except at the end, the leftist stuff, etc. etc.

#17     Feb 4, 2011
  8. Yes, I realize that short term it would not be good...but it is not our problem really.

Our only real problem is extricating ourselves from that shit hole part of the world.

When we no longer need their oil, what will they have that we need?

There's an Arab proverb that says...

"My father rode a camel. I drive a car. My son flies a jet-plane. His son will ride a camel."

From ashes to ashes, from dust to dust, and from sand to sand.

Our solution is leaving the problem...

#18     Feb 4, 2011
  9. It's not our problem?

Are you that stupid?

The apex of stupidity has just been bested.

What's truly frightening is most moronic liberals probably think this way.

Neville Chamberlian ACT 2

AAAAND ACTION!!!

#19     Feb 4, 2011
  10. Comparing Germany to a bunch of tribal primitive thinking nations, that is your "intelligence" at work?

Let me remember, you were one of the leading ET neocons in support of invading Iraq to stop the king of WMD, Saddam Hussein, and since invading Afghanistan, the poppy and opium industry has never been stronger, and Pakistan has become a refuge for terrorism, and oil prices have gone through the roof...oh yes, your kind of thinking is so beneficial to the American people...

#20     Feb 4, 2011