An Autistic Genius Explains:

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by llaterallus, Feb 15, 2007.

1. How to explain Electric Savant's condition? Eg blowing up FX accounts and then journaling about it for our amusement?

I smell a rat... :confused:

#41     Feb 20, 2007
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

no 2 kids are alike wether on the mild side of the spectrum or the severe side. Being social is by far their biggest hurdle, not knowing social ques that we NT's take for granted is where they suffer alot. Teaching them how to actually act out is a good way to show them how to act socially and might help with self esteem..

#42     Feb 20, 2007
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

10% autistics and 1% neuro typical usually fall under the savant...but alot of low functioning autistics have higher IQ's than we think..it is just their lack of communication that doesnt let us see their true intellegence...

#43     Feb 20, 2007
  4. Cutten

Cutten

The interesting question IMO is why these ultra-intelligent people are generally not successful in life, and why many successful people are not ultra-intelligent. How about some study on that.

#44     Feb 25, 2007
  5. promagma

promagma

Just going to the supermarket and 99% of everything we consider commonplace is painful for Daniel, so why would he want to be successful in a traditional sense? He has to define his own goals in life. Many successful people not being ultra-intelligent .... that is probably luck :D

#45     Feb 25, 2007
  6. My father and his father were literally dirt poor, my grandmother sold whatever possessions she had to send my father to school. He studied hard and progressed from nothing to be in the top 1% in economic stratification. When my father says he walked 10 miles to school barefoot, he literally did.

My grandfather on my mom's side, was dirt poor too, he built up a small coffee stand to owning some large hotels. And also to become part of the top 1% in economic stratification. He didnt have any education, and was disowned at a early age. But he progressed through the school of hardknocks and made something of himself.

Neither were extremely bright and they will tell you so, what differentiated them from others and what was common in both of them was the fear of failure and extreme dedication to their pursuits.

Now here a I am, have to progress from 7 figures to 10 figures, and looking at everything, the only means I see is the mastery of the markets. Yeah I could start a company and build it up, and then go public and sell it off. But I guess you have to do what you love to do and dont consider to be work when doing it.

#46     Feb 25, 2007