An Anti-addiction Pill?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Optionpro007, Jun 26, 2006.

1. AN ANTI-ADDICTION PILL?
    Written by BENOIT DENIZET-LEWIS
    Sunday, 25 June 2006
    Last month, the Picower Institute for Learning and Memory at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology was host to a conference about addiction for a small, invitation-only crowd of neuroscientists, clinicians and public policy makers. It was an unusual gathering. Addiction conferences are usually sober affairs, but M.I.T. offered a lavish cocktail reception (with an open bar, no less). More important, the conference was a celebration of the new ways scientists and addiction researchers are conceptualizing, and seeking to treat, addiction.

While many in the treatment field have long called addiction a "disease," they've used the word in vague and metaphorical ways, meaning everything from a disease of the mind to a disease of the spirit. Many assumed that an addict suffers from a brain-chemistry problem, but scientists had not been able to peer into our heads to begin to prove it.

(the article is too long so here is the link)

http://www.amhersttimes.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1985&Itemid=27

2. Ricter

Ricter

I'm addicted to backgammon. Seriously, it has ruined my life. I need this pill!

(But what if they change the rules of backgammon, will the pill still work?)

:D

3. :D