An American Hero

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kicking, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Of course I have an idea of what I'm talking about. I spent appoximately 3 years in the US Army Special Forces. I was wounded twice in VietNam. I have known many real heros who have earned their medals by shedding blood on a foreign soil. I also have known a few chickshits who escaped military service by running to Canada.

Now, perhaps you can give me YOUR qualifications. Have you ever been in the military? Are you familiar with the oath you take when you join the military? Can you explain to me why this guy voluntarily joined, took that oath, and then violated his oath? That's a crime, you fool. You even have to question what value this guys word has when he goes back on his oath.

Now, perhaps you could do yourself a favor by doing some research yourself....find the oath that all military inductees take when they join. Then let's discuss this guys actions in light of that oath.

We'll save the real estate discussions for a more appropriate time. In fact, maybe we could save them for a time when you're actually making a trade in real estate of some type, instead of just tick fucking your life away.

OldTrader

#21     Jan 12, 2007
  2. where are the wmd's??? where is the connection of saddam to 9/11??? why did we go to war in the first place... all lies.. all lies... all lies.. and now 1000's are dead and more are injured for life. and they aren't stopping with Iraq. 9/11 is the biggest lie/hoax we have ever witnessed. this has nothing to do with what you did 30 yrs ago.

this is about a president and his handlers that have closer ties to communist russian bolsheviks than true patriotic republican christians.

quit thinking so simplistically with your toby keith cd playing. educate yourself instead of binding to your old dogma.

#22     Jan 12, 2007
  3. is this the oath???

"I, {insert name here}, do solemnly swear, (or affirm), that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

i take this real frikin serious. notice it says "constitution?" and the little phrase about domestic enemies? did you know about one soldier that didn't follow orders and was court marshalled? he would not wear the UN colors. He was right and the ones giving him the order were in violation of the constitution of the united states and the oath he took.

go read the DofI and the part about tyrants and our duty to remove them. go read patrick henry's speech or nathan hale's. go research why andrew jackson battled the bankers his whole presidency and why there was an assassination attempt.

as i said in an earlier post... there are times when man has to choose god over the law's of men (criminals).

#23     Jan 12, 2007
  4. That's the oath that an officer takes after he is commissioned. The first oath everyone takes when the enlist is the following:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. "

Later, when commissioned, they take the oath you posted.

OldTrader

#24     Jan 12, 2007
  5. Here's the initial portion of article 92 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice:

Article 92—Failure to obey order or regulation
    Text.

“Any person subject to this chapter who—

(1) violates or fails to obey any lawful general order or regulation;

(2) having knowledge of any other lawful order issued by a member of the armed forces, which it is his duty to obey, fails to obey the order; or

(3) is derelict in the performance of his duties; shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.”

OldTrader

#25     Jan 12, 2007
  6. illegal war invasions are not lawful orders.

#26     Jan 12, 2007
  7. Arnie

Arnie

Please cite your legal basis for asserting the war is "illegal".

PS This guy is full of shit. Please show me where or when Bush ever said that Iraq was an imminent threat. He NEVER said that.

KEVIN SITES: Now, you joined the Army right after the US was invading Iraq and now you're refusing to go. Some critics might look at this as somewhat disingenuous. You've taken an oath, received training but now you won't fight. Can you explain your rationale behind this?

EHREN WATADA: Sure. I think that in March of 2003 when I joined up, I, like many Americans, believed the administration when they said the threat from Iraq was imminent — that there were weapons of mass destruction all throughout Iraq; that there were stockpiles of it; and because of Saddam Hussein's ties to al-Qaeda and the 9/11 terrorist acts, the threat was imminent and we needed to invade that country immediately in order to neutralize that threat.

#27     Jan 12, 2007
  8. his administration asserted this multiple times.

#28     Jan 12, 2007
    #29     Jan 12, 2007
  10. Evidently you forgot about the Joint Resolution of Congress which authorized the use of armed forces in Iraq:

Here's a link where you can read it:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/10/20021002-2.html

Please cite your source for your claim that the war is "illegal".

OldTrader

#30     Jan 12, 2007