An American Hedge Fund Book Review On Dow Jones Newswire

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by TimothySykes, Sep 28, 2007.

1. 1. As you'll read in my book, in 2003 and 2004, I screwed up more than I ever thought possible and yet I still earned over $300,000. I'll be posting the charts soon on my website so you can see exactly what I mean.

2. You have no imagination--you think CNBC is entertaining, thats fine, i'm gonna take it to the next level.

3. Who cares what most Penny Stocks are, my strategies are very specific, I talk about what has worked and what hasnt for me. AMEX is horrible for trading, the spreads and illiquidity kills me

4. Jim Cramer is great, but I intend to take it to the next level. Patience brother, you'll see.

5. You can say whatever you want, but when my customers start making some real money, it'll be one of the greatest rope-a-d-opes in history. All that matters is that you know about my book and DVD, time will t ell if I can pull it off, but I really do believe in these products so I'm all in.

#31     Oct 7, 2007
  2. Your returns are public info, it's been analyzed to death. Whatever excuses you can make, the numbers speak for themselves. It's an all or nothing situation, "coulda, woulda shouda" does not get you anywhere. All traders have been there.
    Your screw ups come with your successes, it's obvious your loose trading is equally responsible for your gains and losses. It's like making 100k in 30 minutes, then losing $99k in the next 30 min, yet discounting the loss as an uncommon mistake cause all that matters is the 100k win.
    Anybody can play loose and risky, the fact is that very few are lucky enough to survive.

No I don't watch CNBC, it's not entertaining, silly at best. It's old to me, because it's all hype with no substance. I do have imagination, that's why I don't need TV shows to entertain me.

Well that's your problem, maybe you should put some energy into actually learning to how to be a real trader. Noone cares what worked for you, it's what works now (the magical question). Lot of things worked in the past which don't work now.
    AMEX, btw, has the most undiscovered plays of any exchange. Great for swing trading, swing investing and occasional intraday. Do you want to continue showing your lack of knowledge, or will stop trying to make comments on what you know little about?

Jim Cramer is a psychotic loudmouth and a blatant liar. You're actually a better trader than he is. What I am hinting at is that trying to aspire to take it to the next level is not exactly a good thing. Plus, you simply do not have that Cramer persona, which is more of a positive than a negative.
    One more thing, Cramer actually has REAL EXPERIENCE with the industry. Ignoring his shady operations, lack of trading skill, lawsuit over pumping Nasdaq during a meltdown, the man has serious knowledge which he does share on occasion.

Standard Snake Oil garbage. YAWN!

I will say it again, if you had any real belief in your strategies then:

A) Your fund would still be open

B) You would be trading your strategies

C) In the case where you honestly did not trust your own discipline, you would hire a REAL trader to properly execute the strategies.

It's simple, put your money where your mouth is.

#32     Oct 7, 2007

3. 1. I'm not making excuses about my losses, you just have to realize they weren't due to trading, I got too greedy and tried to "invest" for once. This is why I don't believe my numbers are applicable to the worth of my DVD, although the lesson of sticking to your core discipline is probly one of the most important lessons in my story.

2. AMEX doesn't work for my strategies so I ignore it. My best plays involve massive liqiudiity, something the AMEX plays don't offer.

3. You've gotta understand my strategies aren't scalable. they are fine if you want to make tens of thousands, or possibly even hundreds of thousands of dollars/year, but no more. I'm spoiled by success, I want more. It's perfect for smaller traders though. Plus I enjoy teaching, I think it's more fulfilling. You can write me off as snakeoil but you should know all the details first (which you don't)

#33     Oct 7, 2007
  4. bespoke

bespoke

Being greedy and investing isn't a part of trading???

#34     Oct 7, 2007
  5. bespoke

bespoke

You say they aren't scalabe, so how do you expect everyone who buys your DVD to split those available shares? And I'm sure there aren't thousands of opportunities a day that adhere to your strategy that would give everyone a chance to make some money. But hey, what do you care. You already made the 300 dollars from that suckers pocket.

#35     Oct 7, 2007
  6. Trying to take an unscalable strategy to the next level is being too greedy. I've learned from my errors and that makes my DVD even better.

Investing is def. not part of the trading strategies I promote in this DVD and thats why I think while I get plenty of crap for my CYGT loss wiping out the past few years of trading gains for me, it's not relevant as evidence to judge how effective the trading strategies in this DVD are.

#36     Oct 7, 2007
  7. Man, you really need work on your story, cause it has more holes than swiss cheese.

You want massive liquidity, yet you say the strategy is not scalable. Makes no sense. Many AMEX plays are indeed not too scalable, although your "fund" at the most was 3 million dollars, far from any scalability issues. How many shares would you want to execute? 10,000? 50,000? 100,000? When AMEX stocks go into play, particularly the hype run ups you love to short, they do 2-3 million shares easily.

What volume requirement do you need? The stocks you mention now could have easily handled your strategy with your fund. So what's your excuse?

As someone already mentioned, if it's not scalable how do you expect the people who bought your DVD to execute? They are going to be fighting with each other for fills.

Bottom line, and this is really the ultimate criticism of any snake oil salesmen which simply cannot be denied. If you really believe in your strategies, you would still be trading them successfully and running your fund. Instead of making a mockery of yourself to the Street (which is what you're doing), you would be making money and growing your fund.

#37     Oct 7, 2007
  8. No holes, just gotta work on not assuming people liek you know anything about trading.

1. Trading volume has little to do with what I'm talking about when I refer to scalability--I'm talking $ volume. 2-3 million shares traded is fine (actually a little low for my liking), but the dollar volume is only $2-20 million. My trading calls for quick entries and exits--I could never manage a $100mm fund using this, but people with a few thousand all the way up to $500k are safe. There's plenty of room for lots of people to make small gains each because I teach everyone to play these stocks according to their own personalities. So some people will be buying breakouts, some shorting breakdowns, some holding throughout.

2. You narrow minded people think just cuz I love trading and thats what created my wealth, I need to stick to it for the rest of my life. Forget that! I want to open trading and more specifically Penny Stocks to the mainstream--if successful, this won't be a private club anymore, this will be the new Vegas and you should encourage this because the inevitability of my strategies working to create some millionaires will draw lots of idiots in who don't buy my DVD and just want to speculate blindly. There will always be suckers, but people who buy my DVD will learn to take advantage of them and never be one (as I was with CYGT)

#38     Oct 7, 2007
  9. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

No competent trader screws with penny stocks -- end of story.

Actually idiots who don't buy your CD are in my book less of an idiot than those who do buy the CD and try to trade penny stocks and make any real money. Most people trading penny stocks due so because they lack sufficient capital to trade "real" stocks. It's the people with $5K accounts who buy these crappy stocks. And most will lose with or without your CD.

I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears with you and you seem to have the need to get in the last word. But I've been at this (trading) a lot longer than you. Unlike you, I didn't throw in the towel after taking a massive loss. I worked that much harder to be successful.

Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame --- for I predict in a year you'll be long forgotten. Not trying to rip you but you really aren't offering anything new to prospective traders. And pushing trading of penny stocks actually further reduces your credibility.

#39     Oct 7, 2007

10. LOL!:D :D

#40     Oct 7, 2007