An American Hedge Fund Book Review On Dow Jones Newswire

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by TimothySykes, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Quite a few!

#21     Sep 28, 2007
  2. Tim , you're a great guy and all but I personally think(like me) you have a lot of growing up to do. You're only 26 man. Keep up at this pace and in 10 years you'll be a house-hold name.

#22     Sep 28, 2007
  3. Ok now i've seen it all.

#23     Sep 28, 2007

4. Tim has an audited record, at least.

#24     Oct 6, 2007
  5. Thats correct; Timmay Track Record:

Over the Past Five Years: <1%/yr
    Since Jan 2006: Down -37%

#25     Oct 6, 2007
  6. I didn't say it was good! LOL :)

#26     Oct 7, 2007
  7. How? There is NOTHING in your experience that would help anyone trade better.

You simply do not want to face the truth, but the reality is that your trading experience is borderline worthless. Most of your success depended on a period of time we will never see again. Even 2002 is a year that will probably never happen again. The mechanics & technology have changed, if you were an active daytrader, you would understand what I mean by that.

Your penny stock "strategy", besides being quite risky, is not scalable and often not executable. It's funny to me that you make a DVD, yet probably do not even know that most volume in OTCBB & Pink Sheets is not executable by traditional investor/trader venues. The REAL order flow is done via brokers and unless you have a special connection, you do not have access to it.

You try to critisize Wall Street & hedge funds, yet you know little about them. You making your retail account seem like a hedge, means nothing. Have you ever been at a top name hedge fund? Can you even name some? Do you even know how a top tier WS firm operates, its different departments, how they interact with each other?
    Someone I am working with actually has a copy of your book, which you sent out for free. There is a funny chapter where you propose regulation changes. It's laughable. Timmay, you do not even have the slightest clue of how the dynamics of SEC/Wall Street relationship work.

From your TV and MSN Money videos, it's obvious you yourself lack the knowledge about the industry and trading itself. Bottom line, you're entertainment.

The most despicable thing about you is not the actual marketing & trying to cash in on your 15 min of fame, but the lying persona you put up. Listen, noone here believes it, so you can drop it. You're doing what 100s of failed traders turned marketers have done before. It's nothing new. Take a look at your competition. You're certainly not the choice for Penny Stock info, as there are actually quality services out there who truly provide something of value regarding penny stocks.

#27     Oct 7, 2007
  8. Many good points made, but let me try to refute them.

1. If you'd read the book, you'd see my trading success continued long past the bubble and my short selling strategy has continued to work very well in a now 5-year old bull market.

2. If you learned more about my DVD, you'd see I say stay away from OTCBB and Pink Sheets--my main focus is Nasdaq smallcap, very liquid, very volatile, very executable. Recent plays include CHNR, JRJC, CPSL, ZVUE, BHIP, SCON on and on

3. My critique of the hedge fund industry is from a startup's point of view. All the biggest funds have little to no idea about what's going on down here and nobody else is willing to risk their futures to tell it like it is. All I know is that industry regulations have hurt the little guy and thats infuriating.

4. It's true, I'm all about entertainment because I do think business and finance is fun. We are losing our youth to the wrong element--it's time somebody tried to bring them back to what really matters.

5. If my recent losses were the result of
    my core trading strategy, I'd agree that I was a failed trader. Buuuuuuut it was all due to one position and the experience has not only made me more conservative, but wiser too. This is not a sprint, I have plenty of trading left in me

6. Not everyone thinks I'm a joke as I now have over 200 blurbs from people love my book and several people, including the Dow Jones Newswire saying it's comparable to 'Reminiscences of a Stock Operator'

Please let's continue this dialogue, it's not often that I have a chance to have a meaningful debate on here.

#28     Oct 7, 2007
  9. Surdo

Surdo

Tim:
    He pissed all over your leg and you wanna be his friend?
    You are truly pathetic.

surdo

#29     Oct 7, 2007
  10. Your 5 year return shows otherwise. You made ur bulk between 1999-2002, times that we will NEVER see again. You should be commended on keeping most of the money and being ambitious enough to trade while in college. I wish I did the same, but then, most of us did not get $12,000 at the age of 16, we had part time jobs to help pay for our own expenses.
    Enough with your stats, they are all over ET. The fact is that you have been unable to make money for the last 5 years, and even when you returns are looked at closely, you have no apparent edge outside 1999-2002.
    If your strategy worked, you would still be trading your fund.

First of all, I would NEVER buy your DVD or even listen to it. It's snake oil. Plain and simple, if your strategies were so good, you would not be selling it. Make all the excuses you want about your lack of discipline, the fact is that if your strategies still worked, you would invest in them, even hire a REAL trader to execute, if needed. Your fund would still be open.
    Second, most penny stocks are OTCBB and Pink Sheets. So only trading Nasdaq small cap sub $5 stocks is not exactly a Penny Stock strategy. AMEX actually has better plays in that category. Once again, you show your lack of knowledge.

Oh cry me a river. Maybe the SEC should grant hedge fund status to everyone.
    As I have said, you have ZERO idea about the industry. If you only realized how much work, staffing, planning & legal/accounting expenses goes into setting up a REAL hedge fund. And that's prior to even putting on the first trade. Maybe it's you who does not have an idea about the other side.

There already is a Jim Cramer. I keep trying to give you a clue, THERE IS NOTHING NEW & EXTRAORDINARY IN YOUR GAME. NOTHING!!!
    Have you ever watched CNBC? So what the hell are you talking about "We are losing our youth". CNBC is all bells and whistles, with bright lights, cheerleaders, fun fun fun. It's been a steady trend for years toward making finance & business FUN.

Timmay, most of the debate is with yourself. Your target audience are morons who are looking for a quick buck & unwilling to learn, put in the time and accept the reality of trading. Everyone else sees through your charade. While you need to keep up appearances, it is not logical for you to do that on ET. You simply do not have the experience or the knowledge to play this Snake Oil game with guys who have seen it before. You're getting picked apart and have been picked apart, caught lying & contradicting yourself, then trying to make lame excuses. And then you conitinue to antagonize by posting all these reviews in your desperate attempt to validate your book & yourself.

#30     Oct 7, 2007