An American Hedge Fund Book Review On Dow Jones Newswire

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by TimothySykes, Sep 28, 2007.

1. TIMmmMMaaayyyy You can make much more money in the market than writing books that will end up in a yardsale or givaway bin.

#11     Sep 28, 2007
  2. Name one!

#12     Sep 28, 2007
  3. I better not sense any sarcasm. It's officially documented that you suck at the internet. LOL

No man, it's just humorous how you address each flame individually.

I don't agree with everything everyone does but hey, if you're making a living not killing and stealing, good for you. I'm happy for you and only wish you the best of luck. I've read a few bits from your book and it does appear that you were very honest. I can respect that.

If you showed some P&Ls you'd get a lot more respect around here. Yeah you have a book and you shouldn'thave to do it, but your documented audited returns have been poor and you know that. The equivalent would be Anna Kournakova writing a book "A Russian Tennis Player: How I took my insanely beautiful looks and scammed the world into thinking I can play tennis professionally."

If you can be even half as successful acting and writing books as Anna is modeling you might have something. My advice for you (yes i'm a lot more broke than you but here you go) prove that you can still profit from the markets, hit the gym and add some muscle mass, and stop blabbing so much. You can say so much more by saying a lot less.

[​IMG]

#13     Sep 28, 2007
  4. Good tips, thanx (seriously)

#14     Sep 28, 2007
  5. Well, as I commented before, you have yet to contribute anything of substance here. Your mandate of buy my book, then I'll talk trading is an interesting one. Me? I'd rather first help people put money in their pocket, before I asked them to take some out. But, you are not really about helping other people, are you? I mean you have your mother cleaning your toilet. The book? C'mon, it s a niche book at best. How many people really give a damn about the mechanics of a start-up hedge fund? Better check your watch. Your 15 minutes of fame is about to run out me thinkst.

BTW, I thought the drinking shots while critiquing the alcohol stocks was pretty sophomoric. Is that going to be part of your media resume'?

#15     Sep 28, 2007
  6. I have to hand it to you Tim, I come on here everyday and I read your posts and the abuse you take from the community, and I honestly think your ability to stick with it is a good quality. If your thinking all this drama your generating on these forums will sell more books, I would say your right. I pretty much think your just sitting back, laughing at all the people flaming you for the free publicity they are generating. The fact that you are much better off equity wise then most of those people probably helps that perception. My suggestion is don't give up; strategies that worked before can work again, its just a matter of timing, which you hit upon, luck or not, all those years ago.

But then again what the hell do I know, I'm younger then you by 3 years, and my own success might very well just be a lucky streak on timing...

#16     Sep 28, 2007
  7. TIMMAY SPAMFEST!!

OK, so it is now posted 4 times here at ET...

Everybody knows about your book, and that you need to sell more books for money....

But SPAM can back-fire!!

#17     Sep 28, 2007
  8. Timmmmaaaay dont you get the drift? No one cares about your book, book reviews, tv appearences, your barmitzvah money, your shitty little fund, or your life. By creating these threads you only make people hate you more.

#18     Sep 28, 2007
  9. I don't care if people hate me, but you will begin to understand that what I say in my book, tv appearances, etc will help your trading.

#19     Sep 28, 2007
  10. Hey Tim. How many books do you have to sell to pay for the ET sponsorship every month?

#20     Sep 28, 2007