An All-new eSignal Launches...

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by JayF_eSignal, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Sans doute. "We told the investors we'd introduce it the first of the year, it's version 11, and it's 2011, get it? and so we shall!"

The fact is that it is a disaster that no amount of fixing can fix. It needs to be shitcanned and repaced with a version 12 based on 10. You know what my REAL beef is? You wanna know? Hunh? Yeah? It's that I am such a total dumb fuck that I trusted my system development to their platform. I have ten fucking painful years of system development on it. For EIGHT fucking years I lost money, not the least of which was paying ESignal for the platform. I have been making money for two years now. And they are going to fucking FUCK UP the software I make money with! They have no fucking idea who their trader customer base is, what we want, and what we need. Or they wouldn't have aborted this ugly malformed miscegenated fatherless fetus. All because they want to expand their customer base with shitforbrains noobs who think that Woohoo! features are trading! Trading has nothing fucking to do with pretty formats, or "intuitive" user interface, or brainless usage of the software. Trading is all about making the software jump through its asshole to look the way you want it to to faithfully represent in charting how you think and when to trade. If you could see my screen, you would run screaming. You fucking trade from THAT? You are crazy, man! Making money trading is a stone cold bitch. It requires the sublest of sublety. I cannot see what I trade on a bare chart, it is so suble. So I have coded my sick insane trader brain into 33 efs scripts that make visible to me what I cannot see on a bare chart. My screen is tighter than a fourteen year old's ass. I pack a huge amount of information into it. My rough guess is with this piece of shit 11 I can get maybe 60% of what I have now. I will bet all comers that not a single fucking person involved in the development of this cunt software trades.

You think I am a ranting raving senile old fool? Guilty! If you ever bothered to survey your users, I think you would find a lot of fucking maniacs on the rolls. Why? Because you HAVE to be nutso to think that with $150 a month software and being your own IT/system developer/coder/trader/manager that you can beat the pros trading hung over in your jammies playing with your dick to reduce the stress. Not a pretty picture, no? Well, welcome to retail trading. In ten years, do you think anybody ever fucking asked my opinion? Well, they are getting it now in spades. I cannot wait for the next version to be released. I will be all over it like stink on the shit that it is.

#21     Jan 8, 2011
  2. Suppose I want to change chart colors. In 10 I could go to Properties, click on a chart feature, see the standard palette, select "more colors", and get a nice easy to use color spectrum. In 11 I get a color sputum that looks like what I puked up the last time after drinking too much chianti and eating too much pasta fagioli, with pistachio ice cream for dessert. Unusable! How do I find the same color I used the last time? In 10 I count "two right, five down." In this bitch? Try it. "A bit paler than early menstrual spotting, but yellower than dry heave bile."

#22     Jan 8, 2011
  3. It might be informative for them if you posted a screenshot of your layout here!!

#23     Jan 8, 2011
  4. The ravings of a mad man. I like my pussy and my trading screens tight. My point is that 11 is as loose as an old fat grandmother whore: "Go ahead! Don't be shy! Put your whole hand in! Now the other one! Now try to clap! Can't, can you? Tight, ain't it?" Eleven would need a major pussy tightening to look like this. I know. I've tried. I COULD clap my hands.

#24     Jan 8, 2011
  5. It seems our man Jay couldn't take the heat, so he got out of the (Elite Trader) kitchen.

#25     Jan 9, 2011
  6. I am not picking on him. It takes a lot of talent to manage even a bad software development. Been there myself. You give marketing what they want. I had a mentor once who often opined, "If you want it bad, that's how you'll get it." What gives me a major boner is that I thought I had an implied covenant with ESignal. I'd keep renting their software, and trust that I could safely continually build my capability to trade using it, and they, as they always had, would keep improving it in ways that I as a trader could benefit from. So as always in my life as a consumer, I ask "Who the fuck is the customer here? You? Or me?" My bottom line is that they will eventually kill 10 and leave me to figure out how to work with an inferior replacement. I am such an idiot that I trusted them and have no clue whether or not there is software out there with the capabilities I need. But I will find out. As will other ESignal users. It will no doubt take me tens of hours to assess a replacement. And hundreds of hours to convert about two thousand lines of script. Hence my frothing at the mouth rant. Consider IB's TWS. They continually change the beast, but they boil my frog and do it so slowly that I never get aggravated. Today's TWS still looks and functions a lot like it did ten years ago. And they never did anything that made me scream in rage "Oh, fuck! I don't know how to use this!"

#26     Jan 9, 2011
  7. well....I don't like the new version too...

i made 20 charts but after i made it, i realized that you have to click on the fibonacci button everytime if you switch charts, not like the old version that you can just click the fibonacci button and draw fibonacci to all the charts without clicking 20 times the fibonacci button...
    its kind of tiring and annoying...specially not good to your hand and wrist...
    you can't save the chart template like the old version can. @.@ you actually need to create and resize the chart for all my 20 charts @.@....

if you use more than one moving averages, you acutally need to set all the moving average to all your charts one by one, there was this "apply to all and save as default" button but it doesn't work (try to use more than one moving average with different value, you will know what i am talking about).

I like the looks of the esignal 11, especially the level 2 and trade manager but just i feel too trouble to use it and even hurt your hand/wrist cuz too much repeated buttons or clicks.

and for some reason, i feed the charts become smaller for the esignal 11. I still like the old version better...

#27     Jan 9, 2011
  8. Thanks for sharing. If more people piss and moan maybe they'll back up and add the desirable new features to 10 and ditch this bitch. This sorry event exemplifies a new paradigm: software fucktionality.

#28     Jan 9, 2011
  9. No userdefined spread manager? Ok, i can enter a spread-formula in a quote-table, thats good. But when i click it to send it to a chained chart, it does not get sent to the chart like a regular symbol. You know, copy&paste spread formulas gets old really quick...

Also, some symbols are just not working. 11 tells me im not entitled to view BBA Libor rates, whereas it works in 10. Wtf? I have an OnDemand subscription, if that matters..

#29     Jan 9, 2011
  10. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

With eSignal version 11, we view this as a complete re-write of our application and it will take several versions to add all the key functionality from 10.6. We understood this from early in the process and that's one reason there's a completely different file structure with 11 ( i.e. so users could truly run them side-by-side).

We have no near-term plans to end support for ver 10.6 and that is precisely why it's still available on our main download page (towards the bottom). In the past, we only posted the current version but we will continue to post the latest 10.6x version along with the latest 11 update. 10.6 isn't going anywhere and will likely have future maintenance releases if needed.

We posted a fairly high-level matrix comparing 10.6 and 11 but this doesn't address the smaller, more granular features but they are certainly being addressed as well.
    http://www.esignal.com/esignal/eSignalfeatures_11vs10_6matrix.aspx

During our lengthy beta period, we received glowing feedback from quite a few users plus lots of feedback on what's missing from 10.6. Since the two versions can seamlessly be run together, we opted to release 11 while we continued to work on porting the key parts of 10.6 over.

If you're looking for direct answers to your questions about ver 11, please contact our support department directly or post on our forums. Otherwise, please just continue to utilize version 10.6 and stay tuned for future versions of 11.

http://forum.esignal.com/

Thank you.

#30     Jan 9, 2011