An Accountant's Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Accountant_23, May 22, 2005.

1. Remember the more volatile they are, the more risk you take on. Consider picking mild ones that your stops can handle...

#41     Jun 2, 2005
  2. Bought intel (INTC) for $27.62 this morning early on. Pivot point today was 27.59 and it opened at 27.65 so its bias would be to stay above today.

As it stands right now it is trading at 27.50, I really think this stock could have shot up to 28 today had it not been for the jobs report being VERY weak today. I have a stop loss in place for 27.34, and if it goes up my goal is to sell at 27.92.

Let's get it up there!
    :D

#42     Jun 3, 2005
  3. n1264d

n1264d

I scaled out the rest of my positions in intel today. I only made a few bucks after commissions but positive numbers are positive. It seems like your stop loss was a little tight. Intel is a strong company that is flexing with todays news and working from a pullback. Maybe next time!

I am just starting out "real" trading so what I write here may or may not have any value! :)

Good posts and interesting program you have.

#43     Jun 3, 2005
  4. I actually cancelled my stop loss order right after I made my last post on friday. I am still riding intel because of the strong news they had on friday.

Again, I purchased 385 units at 27.62. We'll see what tomorrow brings me.

Goodnight.

#44     Jun 5, 2005
  5. Good Trading to you...

#45     Jun 5, 2005
  6. Still Holding Intel, I might be holding this one all week. They have a mid-quarter earnings report coming out thursday that is supposed to do well. My next post might not be until friday in that case. It closed today at 27.17.

See you then.

#46     Jun 6, 2005
  7. What is your new stop at? Is it mental? I have trouble with this Accountant. But I am a system trader, and flop when it comes to discretionary stuff...It seems like discretionary stuff is more like gambling...

Michael B.

#47     Jun 6, 2005
  8. My interday stock system had a sell singal on INTC for the last couple of days. Not looking good Accountant.

#48     Jun 6, 2005
  9. n1264d

n1264d

Accountant,

I am with you on this one. I bought INTC again today 100 @ 27.29 and will be holding until before earnings on a push or after earning with good news. If something else happens I will get out. I try to make around $100 a trade. This one may be a little less.

Keep on trading!

#49     Jun 7, 2005
  10. Intel is up to 27.70 at the close today. They reported better than expected earnings after the close and raised guidance for the quarter. Should be interesting to see the play tomorrow after the news. This stock should be at 30 by mid-July. Hopefully tomorrow it gets over 28 though and I will think about an exit (I just want to get the hell out of this long trade).

What I learned on this trade:

1.) Stick to my strategy of stop loss at .66%. If I stuck with that strategy I would have got out last friday (6/3) at $27.44, and I would have been able to trade this week with other stocks or trade intel this week. It dropped as low as 26.86 this week, which was a pure oversell point and it would have been nice to get in on that level.
    2.) Never hold a losing position overnight. Intel was a loser friday, monday and tuesday and I still stayed in it. Like 1 above I could have gotten out, and purchased another day at a better price.
    3.) Stick to the strategy, it's the only way to see if it is profitable!

I hope anyone that got intel this week is still in the game, we should have a good open tomorrow on the good news!

Good luck.

#50     Jun 9, 2005