Amzn...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by diligent, May 31, 2007.

1. If it doesn't deserve such a high PE why are you an advocate of buying?

#11     Jun 1, 2007
  2. im joking - i am short AMZN.

#12     Jun 1, 2007
  3. You're nuts bro...are you short or you own Puts? Cheers.

#13     Jun 1, 2007
  4. im short, no margin.

#14     Jun 1, 2007
  5. also keep in mind this is the smallest part of my portfolio, just for amusement.

#15     Jun 1, 2007
  6. hajimow

hajimow

I am following AMZN very closely. After that crazy run-up, it seems that it has lost its steam (at least among big players). I can see that volume is slowly drying and even in up days , it tends to go down. I feel that we are very close to a 10% fall in a week.

#16     Jun 1, 2007
  7. I'll take it! I have no high expectations of it falling 10% in a week, but it could easily happen. It is a stock that could fall to pieces if a big fish decides to unload.

How many shares does/did Legg Mason have? 100,000,000 shares! If they sell out of any large portion of that stock it will shrivel like a wang in cold water.

I hope it doesn't fall apart too fast actually, I'd like to buy more Puts and don't have the funds to really start accumulating like I'd like to at this moment.

#17     Jun 1, 2007
  8. it seems likely to me that AMZN may become a "source of funds" for those looking to unwind their net longs.

#18     Jun 1, 2007
  9. hajimow

hajimow

%10 drop in a week is a modest drop for a stock that jumped almost 80% in a week.

#19     Jun 1, 2007
  10. Normally, but this market mentality doesn't work that way. "Dip buying" is prevalent and the dwindling volume in my opinion is the best sign that we may soon see a selling spurt that can push the stock lower.

That's why I bought October Puts. :D

#20     Jun 1, 2007