Amzn

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by pumpanddumper, Apr 24, 2007.

1. I honestly believe that AMZN at these price levels is a perfect gift for anyone who wants to get long the market in general, but stay hedged for a correction.

I happen to be long plenty, and any 'irrational exuberance' that continues is likely to rub off on my long positions. So if Amazon doesn't break down, its really just a play on the spread.

But this squeeze is nothing new in this market. I've seen these occur on a frequent basis lately - they seem to always end the same. Whats more fascinating a discussion is how it will end (when it does). Will it be an analyst downgrade? overall market correction? Or just nothing except longs waking up on the wrong side of the bed one day?

Personally if a correction did occur in the near term (or market top), I'd have to guess it all boils down to FOMC.

#41     Apr 26, 2007
  2. what does "they seem to always end the same" mean?

if that was true you'd be rich beyond your wildest dreams.

this is silly talk.

#42     Apr 26, 2007
  3. I dont know why this is up so much

but Im glad I didnt short

#43     Apr 27, 2007
  4. not necessarily. timing is the question.

its easy to call a bubble. most people are right eventually ...

[ie I thought housing was a bubble in 2003... but I was wrong badly on timing it]

#44     Apr 27, 2007
  5. ak15

ak15

Here's why. Retail was shorting it afterhours and pre-market after earnings while Institutions were buying it. The end result is inevitable.

#45     Apr 27, 2007
  6. ak15

ak15

I might add that retail continued to short it the next day after earnings (today) and they continued to get their butt kicked.

#46     Apr 27, 2007
  7. That would result in a morning pop but not 2 days of continuous strait rallying.

I suspect 90's dotcom money is getting back into this

let em' bid it as high as they want

#47     Apr 27, 2007
  8. ak15

ak15

It has reached analysts' revised targets of $61 - $62 in just two days after earnings up 40% in just two days. It doesn't make sense. But stock movements never do. Otherwise we'd all be rich.
    I maybe going out on a limb but I think this baby will keep going up for a while because nobody expects it to.

#48     Apr 27, 2007
  9. ak15

ak15

I have to disagree. Incidentally the rallying is not over yet imo.

#49     Apr 27, 2007
  10. run to the exits !!! a broker downgraded it.

:)

#50     Apr 27, 2007