AMZN

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ETJ, Oct 24, 2019.

1. ETJ

ETJ

Missed and getting hammered after hours - off about 120

2. dozu888

dozu888

this is a great buying opportunity... if the miss is because of the 1 day delivery, that is what amzn has always been doing - burn cash to grab market share.

3. that and they hired 100k people in the last quarter... not sitting still.

4. S2007S

S2007S

I think the one day delivery is already baked into this stock and within a year I'm sure a handful of companies will start to offer the same 1 day delivery, keeping up with Amazon. I mean you cant really get delivery any faster than what it is today, so the peak of how product is delivered is already here.

5. S2007S

S2007S

"Burn cash to grab market share"
    That only works for so long

What has been Amazon's holy grail????..AWS AWS AWS AWS
    Without AWS amazon would be nothing right now. Most of their operating income comes from AWS, the report showed there was 35% revenue growth rate from AWS and that number has been the slowest since 2015!!

6. The amazon brand is still 'e-commerce shopping'

business and retail customers 'trust' amazon to deliver what they promise.

Too many unreliable companies that here today gone tommorrow types and don't deliver.

You won't get fired from your company if you buy from amazon from deal gone bad.

7. vanzandt

vanzandt

That's all BS. They are pissing away waaaay too much money stupid sh*t.

The Board of Directors needs an overhaul and Bezos needs to step aside and pursue his lofty, humanity saving ideas with someone else's money. Not AMZN's.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

whaaa? This is prime buying opportunity; yes, pun intended

9. vanzandt

vanzandt

It needs to be broken up to unlock shareholder value. Amazon Delivery and AWS should be a separate stocks. Let the investors chose what they want to invest in. How many billions and billions of dollars of this stock are in 401K's and government/private pension funds? Bezos owes it to the shareholders. Plus a move in that direction will also head off any attempt by Trump's Justice Dept to force a breakup, which would be devastating to the share price.

Yeah its had a huge run from $1100 two years ago, but what now? Three years or more of stagnation? That doesn't justify a forward PE of 56. There's nothing wrong with investing in the future, but will the money spent on same day delivery really pay off? The logistics behind that with the volume they move is mind-numbing. They haven't even scratched the surface yet of pouring money down this hole. Who's their competition now anyway with 2 day delivery? Walmart? Gimmee a break. No threat at all. Walmart wants to use employees getting off work to deliver crap. Its all stupid. Amazon is certainly a great company, but its growth.... outside of increased online retail sales.... has come to an end.

Spin off delivery and let it go after the USPS.

Just my opinion.

Edmond likes this.
  10. dozu888

dozu888

I didn't get to write earlier, just checked the price already ran back up.

What I really meant by 'buying opportunity' - is that the bad earning was already priced in... amzn usually run UP for 2 weeks before the earning, this time instead it's been drifting down for a few weeks.... people already knew and had been unloading.... then the 7% down after the release.

why did nobody see this sell the rumor buy the news scenario?

this is why 99% can't make money - look at the front page - all asking the wrong questions, while a screaming mis-pricing presented itself nobody had a clue.

people keep talking about price action - price action is not isolated action - everything is related to how the events unfolded...

please read my 'trading is easy' thread.... gotta think this way - how my pro boys play this, and how you can think like they do.

#10     Oct 25, 2019