Amzn

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by kinggyppo, Jan 29, 2009.

1. smartist stocks like Amazon, goog, aapl, rimm, ma, v, bidu immune to recession. Consumers are still spending and clicking ads. Dollars are being shifted form crappy retail stores to online stores.

#11     Feb 2, 2009
  2. look like i did a big mistake shorting AMZN at 59.20,any positive feedback folks.looks like i will be toast.its going up:mad: :confused:

#12     Feb 2, 2009
  3. go to IB configure order menu highlight after hour trading then save,and you ready to trade after hours.

#13     Feb 2, 2009
  4. azzzy

azzzy

Thanks, I'll try that. Is there extra charge for that? Why isn't it available by default, do you know?

#14     Feb 3, 2009
  5. you should spend some time getting to know your platform, that is the IB platform. They have some tutorials on their website. You have to alter the order after hours usually to day plus, or put in a GTC good till cancel order. Lots of people on this site use IB; you may want to see if they have a forum as well, they can be very useful for mechanics of execution and some trading strategies.

#15     Feb 3, 2009
  6. azzzy

azzzy

Thanks, I will do that. Although I am switching to Lightspeed for now. Might come back to IB in a while of course.

#16     Feb 3, 2009
  7. This short squeeze is a lot of fun to watch, that's for sure. Great buys available at solid support levels throughout the day. If you shorted at 59, I'm sure you put a small position on given the possibility of a run-up to 66. Right?

I'll short the hell out of it at 65.50 , but I doubt we'll get there.

#17     Feb 3, 2009
  8. ymiyake

ymiyake

agreed great short here just got off a few legs. Will leg in as it rips more

#18     Feb 3, 2009
  9. I'm waiting, but then I usually miss these opportunities because I wait too long. This oculd easily get to 66. Easily.

#19     Feb 3, 2009
  10. my amzn is on fire!...you guys missed it i guess. ISRG is great too.

#20     Feb 3, 2009