AMZN Put Help

Discussion in 'Options' started by abooz, Feb 19, 2017.

1. abooz

abooz

Hi,
    What would be the best AMZN put options to invest if I exzpect AMZN to drop more than 50% in the next 2 years. Thanks

2. Tim Smith

Tim Smith

I'm not too sure we give specific trading/investment advice round here. To much risk if things go the other way.

Do your own homework.... :cool:

Seriously ?!? I think you need to do some serious reading and research before even thinking about putting any real cash into options trading !

3. Overnight

Overnight

This tells me one thing, and one thing only, when questions about how to do options from a brand-new poster, followed-up with the expectation that AMZN is going to drop 50+% in the next 2 years...

Go long AMZN. Unless the poster has inside information about AMZN that we are not privy to?

Do you really expect AMZN to drop 50% in the next two years, or are you just putting out those numbers as a hypothetical? I hope it is the latter.

4. yeah go long a company that's $850 per share, at all time highs, 8 years into a bull market

real smart

5. Overnight

Overnight

You know, you're absolutely correct. Last stock split was what, 18 years ago? Even if they decide to perform just a 2 to 1 split, the price will drop 50%! But at that price ($850 per share), they may split even deeper, with maybe a 4 to 1. How about a 10 to 1? Get the price down 10x!

So yeah, you are correct. Short the shit out of it! It's price is going to drop when they next split!

JackRab likes this.
  6. i think you and anybody else that's long this market will get a dose of reality soon enough

7. abooz

abooz

I have done my homework and my research shows that the AMZN price may go down.
    I'm considering - sell cfd or buy put options.
    I may be a newbie here in this forum, i'm not new to financial market.
    Wanted to know about options trading, googled for it and found this forum.
    Was just considering options as I would know what my lost would be if i'm wrong.
    If CFD, there's always a possibility that my stop loss may not be exercised.

You should be worried if a newbie asks for ways to buy call options at a time the price is reaching its all time high. It may mean that the news has reached common man.

I have enough experience not to have arrogance that my analysis is right, I may be wrong, that's why I posted this questions as some of you have enough experience to suggest what to do if this scenario occurs.

Thanks

8. vanzandt

vanzandt

Is that like when the President touts the market?

9. Tim Smith

Tim Smith

immediately followed on the next line by ....

Hmmmm..... :banghead:

Trust me. Don't put your money into any options. You have a lot more work to do than just Googling it !

Overnight likes this.
  10. Tim Smith

Tim Smith

Tell you what. Why don't you share with us a considered thesis on why we should be shorting AMZN.

Hint: Ask yourself why its at $850 and why its at all time highs !
    This is the problem with short-term traders and/or technical analysis. You completely and utterly loose track of what actually drives stock value.

The price of a stock (AMZN or any other) means nothing, nada, niet.

That's what real smart people understand !

#10     Feb 19, 2017