AMZN Brutally Assaulted by CA

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by shortie, Jun 29, 2011.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Yeah, the liberal jackasses want Amazon killed outright and all of e-commerce with it.

Personally I will cease to be a consumer of non-food items if this happens 'cause I'm not paying state sales tax no matter what happens. I'll become a fucking Luddite before I patronize a B&M store again in my lifetime.

#11     Jun 30, 2011
  2. I honestly don't get why brick and mortar stores have to collect a sales tax and online retailers do not. Doesn't sound very fair to me.

#12     Jun 30, 2011
  3. Unfair? So, it is also unfair if you drive past your local dentist to get to one that is further down the road? If you drive out of town to pay four cents less per gallon for gas, because road taxes are different over in the next county?

What is unfair is what ridiculous profits local businesses used to make until there was some actual competition.

When I lived in Hawaii, I laughed my way past all the local places to buy tools, computer parts, and just about anything else on my way home to order it from the Internet.

Keep in mind, it's just another way for the government to steal money from you.

#13     Jun 30, 2011

4. Your analogy is moronic and has no relation to the current topic - a logical fallacy at its finest. Let me clean up your analogy: yes, it would be unfair if the dentist just down the road paid no city or state taxes, thus reducing the cost of his services the amount of taxes he didn't have to pay. You still think it's fair?

#14     Jun 30, 2011
  5. AMZN +0.15% today. was the news expected?

#15     Jun 30, 2011
  6. Bakinec

Bakinec

I don't get it. Why does AMZN charge me a sales tax every time I buy something from them? I'm in NYC.

#16     Jul 1, 2011
  7. loza

loza Guest

I am one of the online advertisers (amazon affiliate) who got booted by Amazon due to CA asinine move. Instead of controlling the horrendous waste they manage to incur day in, day out they are picking on amazon affiliates who by the way make nothing. I made very little in affiliate sales but now I am wondering what's next. CA is clearly desperate/ungovernable and broke. Yet the idiots waste millions on Spanish translators and other programs that are illegal, wasteful and stupid.

#17     Jul 1, 2011
  8. Blame the states.

Sales tax should be harmonized. You've got states competition.. so that last year big corporations didnt pay taxes, they got free money instead.

#19     Jul 3, 2011
  9. CA lawmakers are trying to do the same thing as countless other states have done already ... they are all trying to create more unemployed people !!!!!!!!

AMZN fires affiliates + affiliates move their companies to other states = state loses job and still doesn't collect state tax.

STUPID lawmakers just don't get it. Lawmakers are UNBELIEVABLY BLEEPING STUPID.

Oh and there are some states that don't have a sales tax.

There is no way the states are ever going to be able to collect directly from the online retailer cause it is inherently forbidden in the Constitution for states to interfere with out of state commerce.

And if by some miracle the Feds do away with the income tax system and go with a Fair/Flat tax then people will just buy- it-now crap from Hong Kong directly.

I'd like to see an article in the Wall Street Journal titled "STUPID BLEEPING LAWMAKERS" - maybe then they will get it.

#20     Jul 3, 2011