AMZN and AAPL earnings soon

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stock_trad3r, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Pachoo

Pachoo

The action is all over the place still. Apple very well could open positive by tomorrow market open.

#41     Apr 23, 2008
  2. spersky

spersky

Actually earnings where pretty awsome. The market expected more, but it still could be up by tommorrow

#42     Apr 23, 2008
  3. Pachoo

Pachoo

This is why Apple is down, not because they only beat estimates by .10:

Apple (AAPL 162.89, +2.69, +1.7%) shares fell 1.9% at $159.74 after the technology company forecast third-quarter earnings of $1 a share, below the $1.09 a share estimate among analysts surveyed by FactSet Research. Apple also expects sales for the quarter of $7.2 billion; Wall Street is looking for $7.22 billion.

#43     Apr 23, 2008
  4. You are correct but even if they would have reported in line with guidance, aapl would still have reacted liked so.

Believe me, a beat of .22 was a must. There average beat over is at least .20 for many years.

#44     Apr 23, 2008
  5. GREEN break even woohoo

Glad I held

#45     Apr 23, 2008
  6. spersky

spersky

aapl +2.50 now.

Considering that any news that is not so bad in today's market is considered extremely bullish. We will likely have another +300 day.

#46     Apr 23, 2008
  7. AAPL is only 14 points higher than its July 2007 high of 148

In the meantime revenues have surged and there are tons of new products. AAPL should easily get back to 180

Looks like it will end in the AH red which is where the money guys want it

had AAPL been at 140 this would have been a great report but at 163 maybe it wasn't enough for a rally.

#47     Apr 23, 2008
  8. Pachoo

Pachoo

LOL, explain why the stock is now up than?

You are completely wrong that apple needed a .22 point estimate surprise to go up. A .05 surprise would have done the trick if they hadn't lowered their 3Q guidance.

#48     Apr 23, 2008
  9. Pachoo

Pachoo

After reading the report, I think Apple is going get upgraded soon by someone.

#49     Apr 23, 2008
  10. Explain this genius, why did aapl get rocked last earnings season? They didn't beat by enough. That is why, they have a record of beating by 20 anything less than that is not looked at well.

Not to be a dick but I have forgotten more about earnings than you will ever know. I am just trying to help you out bro. Each stock has its own psycological profile and reacts differently to earnings.

Go back and read some of my previous post, 2 quarters ago I was short GS and made it public BEFORE the report BECAUSE i know what the fuck I am looking for.

EDIT: I will give you ONE reason they had to beat so much. APPL is known for sandbaging their future guidance. All of that plays a toll in how a stock reacts. Didn't mean to be harsh with the above comment but if you would listen to me, I would say you some money.

#50     Apr 23, 2008