Amsterdam - beertje anyone?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by trendmomentum, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Hello,

I have been living fulltime and trading prop in Amsterdam from the beginning of 2005 and I wonder if there are any other similar people willing to meet up after work for a beer or two and have a chat.

I've read some of the posts here and there seem to be enough traders in Holland, so maybe we can even make this an informal work club and share some of our daily experiences from time to time.

Many cities already host this kind of 'event', but there seems to be a gap in the Dutch market. Perhaps, all one has to do is simply suggest it?

If anyone is up for it, let me know.

Happy trading.

2. I would most gladly meet for one at Dante, but unfortunately I don't live in Amsterdam anymmore! Wasn't able to balance the social life/business thing there. Women were too beautiful to concentrate on trades. Geluk, CB:(

3. where do you live in amsterdam? what kind of trader are you? why amsterdam?

4. Hi stockjimmy,

I live in Amsterdam central ( but not that central :), trade mainly the US markets and settled here for family reasons. How about you?

Regards,

Jose

5. Hi,

I lived in Amsterdam too for about a year. In Diemen. I moved back to the South of Limburg, because the company I worked for went bust. Now I trade the NASDAQ and E-mini futures from my home office. What exactly do you trade and where do you work and what do you trade?

By the way, what's your age, if I may ask?

-Dave

6. WOW, lots of information request on one line, but well no one beats the Dutch in straightforwardness ...

Here it is a bit about myself, I live in Amsterdam, work from own private office, trade the US Markets ( stocks and options ) and I am 37 years old ... gosh did I say that?, time flies indeed.

7. Hoi

I'm up for a beer and a chat. Live in Utrecht and am focussing on FX futures.

We had contact about a year ago but for various reasons I haven't been able to give trading the attention it deserves and yes life does speed along relentlessly.

Blink - oops I'm 45...

zerosum

8. Do you trade intraday, or position trading?
    Where exactly do you live in the center, if I may ask?
    Do you know OneDayTrader at the Frederiksplein near Utrechtse straat?
    I was asking for your age, because I wanted to know if there are any younger traders in Amsterdam. I'm only 18 years old. But I've been trading for 3 years. I want to meet some people to share opinions and experience.
    I'm finally profitable after a great 1st year investing Dutch stocks. A horrible 2nd year trading DAX futures in Amsterdam. And now finally on my own again, day trading NASDAQ shares.

What's your history? I'm sorry if I'm too invasive. Just interested.

-Dave

9. It's spelled 'biertje'. Regards. :)

10. zdreg

zdreg

perhaps you should be looking for experienced traders regardless of age.

#10     Oct 15, 2005