AMP News: MetaTrader5 (MT5) Now Available for Futures (Just Released)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by AMP_Futures, Nov 3, 2016.

1. FX_Hedge

FX_Hedge

I have a range of custom bar types running in NT7 & NT8 that I am currently porting over to MT5. I also have a custom "order book" resistance tool I developed for momentum based quick scalping. So far the transition work to MT5 is working out well.

The one item that would be nice to have in the future would be built in indicator activation/deactivation capabilities...for developers/vendors with some "code protection" capabilities like I have used with CliSecure. I am sure as more developers from the Futures side of the game come over to MT5 these are critical items that will become more important.

Overall I am looking forward to adding MT5 to my trading mix with my current use of NT8.

#21     Dec 29, 2016
  2. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

#22     Jan 4, 2017
  3. Will you offer spot FX on MT5 as well? Or are you currently offering it on MT5?

It would be interesting if you offered it from the same account as Futures on the same platform.

#23     Jan 18, 2017
  4. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

Yes, We are in the process of registering in England "FSA". Once complete, we will be able to directly offer spot FX for non-US customers.

Currently, you can connect your AMP account for Futures & any other forex account that is enabled for MT5 to the same MT5 installation on your computer.

#24     Jan 19, 2017
  5. FX_Hedge

FX_Hedge

US customers can use AMP MT5 for futures and FX Choice (Belize) for standard forex rules with MT5.

I think Tradersway may also enter the MT5 game soon for US Customers. The move by AMP to add the MT5 platform to the mix is getting a lot of attention from a range of foreign FX brokers I talk with. Good trend in play here!

#25     Jan 21, 2017
    AMP_Futures likes this.
  6. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

MetaTrader5 | MT5 | FAQ > How To Roll Contracts Forward

#26     Jan 30, 2017
    FX_Hedge likes this.
  7. Can you download price data from MT5 like you can from MT4 on a demo account?

#27     Feb 1, 2017
  8. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

You would like to export Historical or Real-Time price data out of MT5?

#28     Feb 1, 2017
  9. Export historical data for EU6 March & June specifically. MT4 allows you to do this under tools>history center (see image).
    2017-02-01_1343.png

#29     Feb 1, 2017
  10. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

This is not an available option. Maybe available with Forex Data > Futures Exchanges are a lot more strict with the distribution of the data, so this maybe the reason it is not enabled.

Historical Charts for all available Futures Markets are included with AMP's MT5 (No Additional Cost)

See Full List of Available Futures Markets: https://www.ampfutures.com/trading-info/margins/

#30     Feb 1, 2017