AMP News: Historical Chart Data eMini SP500 since September 1997 - MetaTrader 5 (MT5)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by AMP_Futures, Jun 29, 2018.

1. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

We are very excited to announce, Historical Continuous Chart Data is now available for the eMini SP500 going all the way back to the 1st trade date of the ES on Globex - September 1997.

This Historical Data is included FREE for AMP Global Customers using MetaTrader 5.

The Symbol to be used to open continuous chart contract is @EP

This Historical Chart Data is available on weekends, so you can back test your trading strategies.

Here is a quick video showing you how to open this chart on MetaTrader 5.

Read Full Release Notes & Watch Quick Video >>

Here is a list of all available Markets with Historical Continuous using AMP Global's MetaTrader 5 (MT5)

MT5 Symbol - Contract Name - Historical Data Start Date
    @EP - E Mini SP 500 - Sept. 1997
    @DD - DAX Index - Sept. 2000
    @ DB - Euro Bund (10yr) - Sept. 2000
    @ DSX - DJ Euro STOXX 50 - Sept. 2000
    @ENQ - E Mini Nasdaq 100 - Sept. 1999
    @CLE - Crude Light (Globex) - Sept. 2000
    @GCE - Gold (Globex) - Sept. 2000
    @YM - Dow Jones ($5) Mini - April 2002
    @EU6 - EuroFX - April 2001
    @MJNK - Mini Nikkei 225 - July. 2006
    @HSI - Hang Seng Index - Feb. 2007
    @AP - SFE SPI 200 - Sept. 2000
    @USA - US 30-Year Treasury Bond - Sept. 1992
    @ ZSE Soybeans (e-CBOT) - Sept. 1987
    @GLE - Live Cattle (Globex) - Jan. 1997
    @KCE - Coffee (ICE) - Sept. 1987

@RTY - E-mini Russell 2000 - Sept. 2007
    What is special about this one, we have merged the ICE - TF contract into the current CME - RTY into 1 Continuous Smooth Chart. We used the Volume Change, from TFU17 (ICE) into the RTYZ17 (CME) as the merge point.

If you want to test, sign up for FREE MT5 Real-Time Demo - Click Here >>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We work as a 24 hour support team. Everyone is fully trained in all AMP platforms/services.

If you have any questions or need any assistance, please contact our 24 hour help desk in real-time via Phone or Live CHAT: https://www.ampfutures.com/contact-us/

There is a risk of loss in trading futures, forex and options. Futures, forex and options trading are not appropriate for all investors.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    tomtr27, wrbtrader and CSEtrader like this.
  2. They

They

Is that tick data or 1 minute OHLC?

3. Marketing gimmick*. No useful trader information.... hopefully you already understand why. There are legit reasons to have an account at AMP and perhaps to use MT5 software (I use Sierra)... ET traders might consider having an account at AMP, but "ES data back to 1997" isn't one of them. (This deal is more akin to offering ice to Eskimos.)

* Not knocking MT5 or AMP, I have an account there (one of several).

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  4. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

Historical Market Data is currently available for any standard time frame - 1 min or greater. Such as 1 min. 5 min, 60 min, 1 day, 1 month or 1 year.

Tick charts are in development.

" Marketing gimmick*" What do you mean? It is available right now and is FREE for AMP Customers...

tomtr27 likes this.
  5. There is no information value to traders for data on the ES back to 1997, but I get the marketing effort.... "Get ES data back to 1997 using MT5 with your account at AMP Futures".... not revelation but rather salesmanship. To the naive, this might have some appeal. For the experienced and savvy... they understand it's "no biggie", that's all.

(But if someone were to ask me, "should I have an account at AMP?", I'd say... "do your own due diligence... but if your care to know, I have an account there.)

6. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

Well....I respect your opinion, but your labeling as salesmanship vs AMP developing a better trading platform for our customers I do not agree.

MT5 is new to the Futures Markets and the more we learn about it....such as the efficiency to load historical data all the way back to 1997 so quickly, allowing the development and back-testing of automated trading strategies using all the ES historical data back to the 1st day of trading on Globex, we will leave this opinion to the traders.

I honestly have never heard a customer complain about too much data ;)

tomtr27 and wrbtrader like this.
  7. Agree on all points... just saying that "how things worked back in 1997" provides no valuable insight to how things work today*... might even be misleading, as the dominant players back then are not the same ones that dominate action today.

As a side note... I've got daily data back to 1970. It's very valuable on occasion... like a few times a decade. Intraday ES data is an entirely different animal.

*Not 100% true... what IS true... "it's the same now as then"... only change has been who are the dominant players. And if this premise is correct, then data from 1997 is no more valuable than data from 2017.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    AMP_Futures likes this.
  8. southall

southall

Lets say you have an intra day system (A) for ES that makes really good profit but from only 2008 and onwards.

And you also have another system (B) that makes less profit but works from 1997 onwards.
    And for system (B) the first half test period from 1997 to 2007, and second half test period from 2008 to 2018, both generate roughly equal profits?

Which one would you trade?

I would pick system B.

9. "Theoretical supposin'", right?

Any trading methodology that worked in one time frame would work about the same in the other.

10. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

2 More Historical Continuous Contract Data has been added to AMP's MetaTrader 5 (MT5)

MT5 Symbol - Contract Name - Historical Data Start Date
    @YM - Dow Jones ($5) Mini - April 2002
    @EU6 - EuroFX - April 2001​

If you want to test, sign up for FREE MT5 Real-Time Demo - Click Here >>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a risk of loss in trading futures, forex and options. Futures, forex and options trading are not appropriate for all investors.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    #10     Jul 3, 2018
    tomtr27 likes this.