AMP, how could you?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by J.P., May 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is 100% right. As long as the client knows what he/she is getting into, and why I trade with AMP

AMP doesn't let you be short gamma in options, so not sure how this will work. AFAIK, absolutely no short options allowed. Doesn't make any sense of course, except when you consider that their risk management system probably blows a gasket dealing with short options.

#101     May 23, 2020
  2. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

And where exactly do you get access to DAILY fcm data??

The MONTHLY FCM financial report has a several week lag... the March 31, 2020 monthly is the most current and does not include the oil event. Limit down action occurred earlier in Q1. Comparing monthly fcm data does not corroborate your claim.

#102     May 23, 2020
  3. faltd

faltd

Just curious, how did you figure out the do-s and don't-s with AMP? Was this discussed during onboarding? Did AMP furnish you with anything in writing about what constitutes "fair usage policy" as defined by the firm? I am still amazed how many in this thread do not seem to have the slightest inkling what their brokers allow and what not. You seem to know, I am just curious how it was communicated to you. Every software company license comes with an EULA. Clients know exactly what is allowed and what not. IB states their policies as well. I am still confused why AMP is beating behind the bush on this?

#103     May 23, 2020
  4. destriero

destriero

No, I meant gamma-trade my deltas via index futures.

#104     May 23, 2020
  5. NQurious

NQurious

That right there, imo

#105     May 23, 2020
  6. Switch to TradeStation.

#106     May 23, 2020
  7. redart88

redart88

https://www.ampfutures.com/cftc-rule-1-55-reporting/

#107     May 23, 2020
    faltd likes this.
  8. Lol. No there was no onboarding. You see the low margins and wonder and draw your own conclusion, basically

#108     May 23, 2020
    faltd and redart88 like this.
  9. redart88

redart88

Hi Steve, do you have any info on how TradeStation weathered the event with oil futures contracts on 4/20? Do you know if they had customers who got trapped along the lines of what happened with Interactive Brokers?

#109     May 23, 2020
  10. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

#110     May 23, 2020
    redart88 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.