AMP, how could you?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by J.P., May 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heispark

heispark

Or, it can be simply due to nationality of OP instead of his trading. U.S. sanction.... Iran, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, .... Check this out too.

#91     May 22, 2020
  2. Do you even read the thread before posting? He has a fucking ROTH IRA

#92     May 22, 2020
    destriero, NQurious, VPhantom and 2 others like this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

I mentioned it in another post here, and I will mention it again. Your open trade equity/NLV for the exchange exceeded the segregated account value of the whole firm. You are too big for them.

#93     May 22, 2020
    redart88 and J.P. like this.
  4. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

A possible tax avoidance/evasion situation also exists based on account types involved.

Lets not forget, IRS involvement with futures contract trading goes way back. it was in the days of Dan Rostenkowsky that 60/40 tax treatment came about because traders were straddling year-end positions, pushing taxation into the next year.

Does IRS oversight fall into the lap of a broker/fcm compliance department? IDK

I'll take a side siphoned from the IBKR evangelists... it's for the good of all AMP customers, and the firm itself.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    #94     May 22, 2020
  5. volente_00

volente_00

Not sure about Amp but i can bang 50 with $500 DTM and up to 100 with $1000 DTM

#95     May 23, 2020
  6. destriero

destriero

Except this one.

#96     May 23, 2020
    Nobert and faltd like this.
  7. destriero

destriero

I think AMP is operationally-sound. There really isn't anyone else in the space that fills that intraday niche. You can run TT, CQG, etc. The problem is that their customer leverage precludes putting any serious money with AMP.

I've opened an account at AMP but have yet to fund it. Seemed sound for gamma-trading my vol-positions in index, but I always carry overnight risk, so it doesn't make sense for me to hedge outside the vol-account.

I wouldn't hesitate to trade 10% of my net liq with AMP if I went home flat each day.

#97     May 23, 2020
    Overnight, TooEffingOld and NQurious like this.
  8. redart88

redart88

You can look at AMP's daily CFTC filings. Since March you will see they have taken a hit with customers accounts in deficit. 3/2 the number was 142,352 on 4/21 902,865. Most likely from all the limit down action in equities and the oil collapse.

#98     May 23, 2020
    TooEffingOld and destriero like this.
  9. redart88

redart88

Yes, absolutely insane to have that kind of money with AMP. Like another post said they're doing this gentleman a favor. Move on, and do your homework on where to park that kind of money.

#99     May 23, 2020
  10. redart88

redart88

A reasonable approach, as long as that 10% is not 3 million!

#100     May 23, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.