AMP Global Clearing introduces NinjaTrader integrated with CQG

Discussion in 'Events' started by AMP_Futures, Feb 8, 2011.

1. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

CQG and Continuum Announce Global Connectivity with NinjaTrader, LLC

Denver, CO, February 8, 2011 – CQG, Inc., the industry-leading order execution, charting, and analytics provider for global, electronically-traded securities, today announced its collaboration with NinjaTrader, LLC to allow global connectivity between their systems. The collaboration gives traders using the NinjaTrader 7 platform the ability to connect to CQG’s network exclusively for AMP Global Clearing.

http://www.cqg.com/Docs/CQG_Continuum_NinjaTrader_AMP_PressRelease.pdf

http://www.ampclearing.com/cqg_data.html

2. tallpaw

tallpaw

Has anybody out there used CQG. I am currently using Zenfire with NinjaTrader and for the most part have never had any issues with connectivity. I am just wondering if that will be the same with CQG. Any thoughts ???

3. TRS

TRS

tallpaw, I will be converting my Amp Zenfire/Ninjatrader acct over to CQG this week. Will advise of my experience.

4. tallpaw

tallpaw

Thanks TRS, look forward to hearing your experience although I do not like that you have to completely reload NT and all it's settings.

5. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

There is not need to reload all settings, all you have to do is create a new account connection. FortunTeller's comments are inaccurate.

6. Then why did I get this email? (copy and pasted from email)

"All CQG users need to follow these steps to upgrade NinjaTrader:

Make sure you have the NinjaTrader license key and user name and password, you will need to re-build.

- Uninstall the current NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.2 and download and install 7.0.1000.2 again (we just uploaded an upgrade)

Once you have completely uninstalled NinjaTrader, download the newest version here: "

7. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

This was for existing users who had already started using CQG not for new users.

8. emg

emg

What is the difference between having ninja CQG, ninja TT, and ninja zen fire/rithmic?

9. MGB

MGB

Not much. They're all data feeds.

10. TRS

TRS

Conversion of my account was handled quickly and effectively.
    I'm a short term discretionary futures trader and the CQG data appears very similar if not the same to me.
    The overiding factor for me switching to CQG from Zenfire was the addition OF ASX (Australian) futures.

#10     Feb 15, 2011