AMP Global {CHEAP} CME Micro E-mini Commissions - $25.00 Day Trade Margins (M2K)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by AMP_Futures, May 4, 2019.

1. Times

Times

Awesome, I have confirmed E-Micro Indices commissions are only $0.74 RT which is amazing. But now im curious if $300 margin customers also get this E-Micro Currencies adjustment or do they still have to pay $3/side for E-Micro Currencies?

Just want to be 100% sure as your earlier adjustment just says "(except CME E-Micro Indices)" and not E-Micro Currencies

My humble feedback is to adjust it so the $300 margin customers just pay $3 per side on the $300 margin product and you can leave all other non-$300 margin product the same commission rate as everyone else as besides the indices, the margin is the same as everyone else so im not sure why those non-$300 margin products have the $3 per side increase(like Energies, Metals, Financials, Grains etc) when these products have no special $300 margin. Or is there a reason AMP does $3 per side for non $300 margin products?

Its seemingly restrictive(as no one wants to pay $3 per side if the margin is the same as someone paying only $0.50 per side)

#11     May 7, 2019
  2. sillyw10

sillyw10

question for AMP

If I decide to go with AMP and Qtrader..can I have multiple logins to the same account..and can I use any of the free software or do I have to pick just one?

the reason I ask..I have tested most of your free platforms extensively and found Qtrader to be the best for what I want to do.. however..for such a powerful platform the ability to open just one chart is a bit silly..to be honest..I know you can have up to 4 tabs on the one chart page..but you can't pop out the tabs to have multiple screens up for trading

thank you

#12     Jul 13, 2019
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Hrmmm, I know AMP margins, but do not recall any product being $3 per side? If it was, they would not be competitive on that product.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    #13     Jul 13, 2019
  4. Times

Times

Its a special request/service where you can access day trading margin of $300 per lot for e-mini indices like ES/NQ. The downside is AMP increases commissions to $3 per side(not including CME fees)

Not recommended of course. but those who want it do trade it.

The issue I was talking about was if you activate it, even products without the special lowered $300 day trading margin have the increased commission rate of $3 per side(but luckily not for micros) but for Crude oil and others

#14     Jul 14, 2019
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Ahh that's right, I recall that blurb now when they started offering the extra low margin. But ouch, $3 per side.

#15     Jul 14, 2019
  6. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

yes, you can have multiple logins (to use different trading platforms at the same time - connected to your 1 AMP account).

Unfortunately with CQG...each trader/login is required to pay the Exchange data fees. For example, if you have 2 trader/logins with CME $5 enabled, you will pay $5 for each trader/login = total $10 per month.

Here is link to all available Exchange Data Monthly Fees: https://www.ampfutures.com/trading-info/exchange-data-fees/

Agreed - "however..for such a powerful platform the ability to open just one chart is a bit silly..to be honest.." Will pass this to CQG Dev...see if the Floating Charts is on their project board.

#16     Jul 15, 2019
  7. sillyw10

sillyw10

thx.. happy with that..what about the different free platforms that Amp provide..can I only use qtrader or can I use multicharts with qtrader at the same time..both free?

thank you

#17     Jul 15, 2019
  8. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

Yes, you can use both AMP's FREE (No Monthly Platform Fees) versions of QTrader and MultiCharts at the same time.

Please use the AMP Exact Cost Calculator to confirm the total all-in price for any platforms that charge any additional per contract platform fees: https://portal.ampclearing.com/account/commissionquote.aspx

#18     Jul 16, 2019
  9. sillyw10

sillyw10

thank you..have gone thru the calculator already..having tested all the good free platforms I will be going with Qtrader and either Sierra or Multicharts..the main problems I seen with last two is that chart bar close lags the Dom print by nearly a second..this is not an issue with Qtrader..which is to be expected from CQG..also..the Qtrader in built support chat is brilliant and the support staff are very helpful

I don't think any other broker offers what AMP is currently able to provide..and imo..anyone serious about testing strategies with MES live trading would be silly not to go with Amp..even at 64 cent per side for MES with Qtrader..it is well worth it for what you get..if they sort out the floating chart tabs it will be even better!

#19     Jul 16, 2019
  10. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

Why limit your testing to just the free platforms if you're not getting all the features you want? MotiveWave connects to AMP/CQG. Our Trade Edition includes a very advanced DOM and is $29/month or $295 for a lifetime license and we are very similar to Sierra Charts or Multicharts.

#20     Jul 16, 2019