AMP Global Application Requirements

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by gambleditall, Nov 12, 2019.

1. schizo

schizo

#51     Nov 27, 2019
    tomorton and gaussian like this.
  2. gaussian

gaussian

I'm not totally sure about the former residents part. But this is probably it.

IANAL:

If you hold citizenships (read: allegiances) to countries under US sanctions they are likely forbidden from taking your money. You may be able to call the consulate or something and ask if renouncing your other citizenships will help but you are likely in a situation where you need a lawyer for an answer and not a forum. AMP likely has no reason to continue the discussion further as they would be forbidden by law to do so.

#52     Nov 27, 2019
  3. Yes, no millions at all, just 5,000 usd to start with E-minis

#53     Nov 28, 2019
  4. Yeap, it seems there are only two FCMs accepting new applicants from Canada, IronBeam and @AMP_Global

#54     Nov 28, 2019
  5. I should not be revealing my location, I am a refugee claimant, that is why is sensitive info. Yes, I come from a country with sanctions from USA, OFAC as the like of Syria, Iran etc

#55     Nov 28, 2019
  6. Are there other FCMs accepting applicatiins from Canada ? what I've been told there are only two for Canada, Iron Beam and @AMP_Global

#56     Nov 28, 2019
  7. Yeap, my citezenship is from a country in that list, but I am living in Canada, Toronto for almost 3 years now.

#57     Nov 28, 2019
  8. A lawyer ? oh my God, I only need an account to trade E-Minis S&P 500 with 5,000 usd. But I am abiding by Canadian law and rules, and they know where I live in Toronto I sent them my leasing agreement among other information. I am not living there anymore, but it sounds like a reasonably explanation. What about asking CFTC about it ? instead of a lawyer.

#58     Nov 28, 2019
  9. Go to a TD bank and tell them you want to open a TFSA that can trade whatever you want to trade. They may be big blobs of banks but I've heard they give good treatment to refugees. Or if you can't trade futures in the TFSA, I think you can trade options. Good luck with your claim and don't scam the country.

#59     Nov 28, 2019
    VPhantom likes this.
  10. gaussian

gaussian

You've entirely ignored the geopolitical situation you face. You sounds like you want to be angry at some perceived injustice than actually realizing the legal and geopolitical forces involved. Get a lawyer or go get a broker at one of your other citizenships. Can't find one? That sucks. Thems the breaks. You need legal counsel from an actual immigration lawyer to figure out what lines you can't cross.

Do you want to be angry or do you want to solve a problem? Stop trying to have your cake and eat it too. AMP is operating under the rule of law in the country they reside in. Get over yourself. You're a very tiny fish in their very, very, very large pond. Ask the lawyer "I wish to trade with a US country but possess citizenships sanctioned by the US government" and see what they say. Your 200 dollars will be well spent.

Guy is trying to have his cake and eat it too. Continuing to hold a citizenship with a sanctioned country and trying to do business in the country doing the sanctioning is pure idiocy. No reason to post more. If he cares he can get an immigration lawyer. He doesn't even recognize the geopolitical forces involved thinking living in a country with multiple citizenships (of which one or more is from a country under sanctions) isn't a problem. It sounds like he's more interested in righteous indignation than solving the (very real) problem he faces.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    #60     Nov 28, 2019
    tomorton and CALLumbus like this.