AMP Global Application Requirements

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by gambleditall, Nov 12, 2019.

1. One poor line of response, for so much information we send to open an account, sensitive information, in my case even more sensitive, I should not be revealing my location, anyways, when I asked for further explanations I received this answer:

"This was a business decision. Unfortunately, I do not have nay more information for you.

Thank you for your interest in AMPGlobal Clearing, LLC"
    Even with mistakes the response, that is so disrespectful. Anyway, I call by phone to

@AMP_Global and nobody giving explanations, they told me to talk to my broker, and I was talking with my broker (is not my broker yet, because of @AMP_Global) every day since day one, pretty cool people my potential broker by the way, then I asked to talk to the manager from @AMP_Global who inquired about more private information via email and they hang up the call after that, very disappointing.

I do not know, even though @gambleditall says is not citizenship-related I believe there is a blacklist for certain countries no matter where you are truly living, in my case Canada. On expertise I have been in the financial markets since my undergrads studies in Economics and Finance since 1996, and then formerly trading in an international trading desk from a very reputable financial institution since 2006, so no idea on why.

#41     Nov 27, 2019
  2. tomorton

tomorton

If there is a blacklist naming certain countries, I would not be surprised. I'm sure its just a commercial decision based on statistics, its not personal, like if you live in a certain postcode area your car / home insurance is going to be a crazy premium. Tough but that's business.

#42     Nov 27, 2019
  3. Thank you @tomorton,

Yes, it seems so there is a blacklist, the issue is if the client's behaviour depends on where he/she come from or the country where they are making a living. I abide by the rules and laws of Canada, not my previous country of residence, that is the question for @AMP_Global.

#43     Nov 27, 2019
  4. Yes, please my application was also rejected and nobody has told me why ? Also living in Canada with another citizenship, call to AMP Global and nobody is giving me any reasons why this is happening, I send all the required information and even, personal sensitive one that I should not be disclosing further than the limits of where I am living now.

I just want to know what went wrong, please, thank you.

#44     Nov 27, 2019
  5. Companies don't like mixing residency and citizenship. It's too complicated. Now if you have a few million, you can get personalized help but I would guess that you don't.

#45     Nov 27, 2019
    gaussian likes this.
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You a legal resident of Canada ?

What country (copy of your passport) did you send to AMP (passport from Canada or passport from South America) ?

#46     Nov 27, 2019
  7. zdreg

zdreg

Perhaps they don't accept Canadian residents as well as US residents. Call and ask the question.

#47     Nov 27, 2019
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Of what country are you a citizen then? That is not private sensitive info, since we do not know who you are. Syria? Yemen? Or what?

#48     Nov 27, 2019
    gaussian likes this.
  9. heispark

heispark

Why don't you just try other discount futures brokers... there are many others....

#49     Nov 27, 2019
  10. maxinger

maxinger

the info you gave is insufficient.

anyway, simply call them to seek clarification.

#50     Nov 27, 2019
    Overnight likes this.