AMP Global Application Requirements

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by gambleditall, Nov 12, 2019.

1. destriero

destriero

FWIW I think you're being handed a shit deal. They should have no problem opening your account.

#21     Nov 12, 2019
    gambleditall likes this.
  2. Hopefully, others can learn from this thread that when opening an account with Amp, never reveal your country of citizenship (from a possibly blacklisted country) if you have a residence in a non-blacklisted country.

#22     Nov 12, 2019
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Wrong. It is vitally important that you be truly honest about everything you put on an application, if required to do so.

#23     Nov 12, 2019
  4. They don't ask for that information.

#24     Nov 12, 2019
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Then why did you provide it? And where did they ask you for it?

#25     Nov 12, 2019
  6. Because my Canadian ID was expired, and I didn't think it would be a problem if I provided my passport so I didn't bother renewing my Canadian ID before the application. There were other documents provided to prove that my residence was still in Canada.

#26     Nov 12, 2019
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Ahh. Well, it sux that it didn't work out for you, AMP is a great broker for what they provide. I'm sure you can get with another broker to fulfill your needs, after exhausting the AMP Euro option. You are looking into them, yes?

#27     Nov 12, 2019
  8. Well I'm going to be trading the ES Micro so I would prefer to use US brokers. I am going to look at some introducing brokers before deciding. But, now I need to wait 2-4 weeks before my renewed Canadian ID arrives since I obviously don't want to make the same mistake again.

#28     Nov 12, 2019
  9. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

@gambleditall - we have received your request for further review. We will let you know more details shortly directly to your email.

#29     Nov 13, 2019
    Overnight, tomorton and gambleditall like this.
  10. _eug_

_eug_

I had the opposite problem to you. I am a Canadian Citizen who is residing in an Asian country. Credit score is 800+ in Canada, every thing kosher. Yet I was declined. Unfortunate.

#30     Nov 13, 2019