AMP futures

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by paul_alan, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Im looking to move from trading with a spreadbetting company(CMC) to a direct access broker to trade the ES.

Being from a spreadbet backgroud I dont know quite what to expect and have some questions.

AMP futures have quite a low minimum account balance and can be usew with ninjatrader so they are top of my possible list so far.

Do I need to pay for a data feed? How much? How do I pay for that...do they take the money from my trading account once its set up, or do I set up a direct debit with my bank or something?

It says on the AMP website that the 'ninjatrader direct' platform is free, but I heard someone on this site say that it wasn't. Can anyone confirm?

2. scd

scd

ninja is $60 a month paid three months forward if i remember correctly or $900 lifetime

3. From their site:

1) NINJA TRADER DIRECT - FREE.
    Fully licensed Depth of Market Trading Window, Real-Time Charts and more.

2) NINJA TRADER - $60/MONTH.
    Brackets, Trailing Stops, OCO's plus many other Advanced Order Strategies.

(is the above correct?) I sure I heard someone say even though it says free, that is isn't?

4. scd

scd

if trading live it's not free anymore

5. very misleading website in that case.
    thanks

6. scd

scd

don't get me wrong i trade w/ amp and really like ninjatrader...though i have seen phantom orders appear after one of my stops was hit... since i am always watching the charts during trades it hasn't caused a problem... this is rare but worth noting...

KeLo likes this.
  7. rymondo

rymondo

that's not how i understood it.

I think AMP provide a free licence key for Ninja Direct for live trading if you go with the zen fire feed and clear through Dorman. I think Ninja Direct lacks some of the trade management features of the full version.

Probly best to contact AMP to clarify.

8. scd

scd

you may be right... i use TT.... op should give them a call

9. A&F

A&F

At AMP they have Ninja with trading technologies an with zen-fire, so with TT u have to pay the $60 a month, but with Zen-fire u can trade with a free version of Ninja. The difference is that with TT you will have the OCO, trailing stops ….. And with the free version no!!!

10. Alegnus

Alegnus

AMP/Ninja/TT - $60/mth or buy NInja
    Amp/Ninja/Zen - NInja is free, but your com. will be higher then above.
    Amp/AMP global platform (open ecry platform) - no data or platform fees, lowest com., but highest margin requirements.

#10     Feb 5, 2009