Amp Futures or Mirus

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by asdfghj7, Mar 11, 2008.

1. <i>"I am still online....you were quick to reply back with useless talk....someone asked this question, so I tried to give my experience..."</i>

Honestly now, you don't mean to imply that the only reason, the sole reason you are successful while others in your "group" failed is due to the broker y'all cleared thru.

Please tell us that is not what you meant at all. We'll overlook the slight misunderstanding, and return to our regularly scheduled programming.

#21     Mar 31, 2008
  2. ammo

ammo

proactive has zenfire and they have T4 which i think is the fastest trading platform, pm truff on et

#22     Mar 31, 2008
  3. Mirus--accept no substitutes.

#23     Mar 31, 2008
  4. True...but I am happy with AMP Futures

#24     Mar 31, 2008
  5. star08200

star08200

I just want to say that as a customer of AMP, I have not had one problem with them. As a matter of fact, quite the opposite. Those guys got me set up(even with my computer problem) and I was trading right away, with the demo and live. Every time I had a question I would just call and I got answers (my broker, Kevin, knows his stuff and is a good guy). Any tech support was instantly handled. Yes, I know this is my first post but usually have only lurked on here and after reading a few of these post thought I would say something that I actually experienced and not 'heard about'. AMP is great all around deal.

#25     Mar 31, 2008
  6. Why mess around? You know you'll get exceptional value from Mirus. Why take the chance at going elsewhere?

jj

#26     Apr 1, 2008

7. My experience has been the exact opposite. I opened with AMP recently because Mirus would not even follow up on my commission quote request and other questions. I submitted the request twice to no avail and finally wrote in to the VP and on day 3, someone reluctantly tried to contact me.

The rep from AMP, Kevin O'Grady, has been phenomenal in making sure I was set up right, answering technical questions (including telling me he didn't know rather than bluffing and then he researched the answer in 1 hour and called me until he got through and helped me.)

So far, AMP has been the best service of any trading company I have dealt with - period.

Of particular note, it has been the proactive follow up on their part that has seriously impressed me.

I clear with Dorman through them, probably as safe as it gets.

Plus, as a bonus, their per side was .20 less

#27     Apr 1, 2008
  8. ts888

ts888

I have several accounts with AMP and overall I'm happy with them. I will say there have been several occasions, such as mentioned by earlier posts, where I've had to call several times to get something done. This is more annoying than anything and it doesn't affect my $$. The feed has been near perfect and funds always go out promptly.

Can't speak on Mirus although I have a trading buddy who has an account with them and he's very pleased.

#28     Apr 1, 2008
  9. chopin

chopin

I'm a fairly successful daytrader and you have to have the right tools and support for a decent price to make it worthwhile. It's hard to find all three in one brokerage. I have been trading with Advantage and looking to leave. (just not happy there) Currently I'm looking at Mirus and AMP Trading. They both have great technology in their platforms as well as price however AMP may be a little cheaper. As far as support for daytraders I was really turned off by the brokers (actually I think they are clerks on salary) at Mirus. They just didn't sound confident as opposed to the guys at AMP which were very knowledgeable in trading and platforms, down-to-earth, real brokers!! I think I have found my new home.

#29     Apr 2, 2008
  10. Mup

Mup

Whats the advantage of not going direct with the clearing firm??

#30     Apr 2, 2008