Amp Futures or Mirus

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by asdfghj7, Mar 11, 2008.

1. I have heard the same thing about customer service at AMP

#11     Mar 31, 2008
  2. Mirus Futures gets my vote. Serivce and knowledge are unbeatable.

jj

#12     Mar 31, 2008
  3. Pat and Mirus are really a good group. The only reason I left to go to TransAct was $1 less a RT due to being able to piggy back on my trading buddy's volume discount. I also had some issue with Ninja which got a bit old, but that was Ninja 5, it just kinda turned me off to using third party software, but I may give it another try. Ninja 6 seems better from the feedback I have heard.

#13     Mar 31, 2008
  4. sk8erboy

sk8erboy

As far as I know Both AMP and Mirus clear through Dorman.
    Can I contact dorman's support directly (e.g. to close open positions via phone) in case my IB is unavailable?

#14     Mar 31, 2008
  5. cynthiaH

cynthiaH

hmmm I am looking to switch from IB because I want to use Ninja. I too had heard from someone that the AMP customer support is very poor.

sounds like out of those 2, Mirus is the way to go? or can anyone in this thread vouch for AMP ?

#15     Mar 31, 2008
  6. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

Well, I have been using AMP for the demo for about 4 months and went live a month ago. Whenever I needed to call, they answered right away and were always very helpful. Of course, all my questions were basic in nature, but about a month and a half ago when all quotes were down(some sort of feed or exchange problem) they were very interested to know if I was in a "live" trade so they could manage it for me. When I explained that I was not but simply had a question about the SIM, they seemed eager to help none the less.

This is just my experience and I have nothing to sell. Mirus was my second choice.

#16     Mar 31, 2008
  7. Mirus clears through Dorman or RCG, RCG offers NYBOT, AFAIK Dorman does not.

#17     Mar 31, 2008
  8. I have had my account with AMP for close to 2 years. My broker is Dan Culp and he has always taked the extra mile to make sure my platform is up and running and my money is always sent home the day i requested the withdraw. When I was first introduced to trading Dan spent all of the time needed to get me comfortable with Ninja Trader. At first, I thought there was no way I was going to be able to use Ninja because it was so technical but he took his time get me going. In my trading group we had the choice of either mirus or AMP and I am glad I chose AMP Futures because my friends went with mirus and sad to say they are not trading anymore. If I were you I would go with AMP Futures.

Hope this helps!

#18     Mar 31, 2008
  9. Well your friends went LIVE while you stayed on SIM - that explains it!

JK - LOL!!! :D

#19     Mar 31, 2008
  10. I am still online....you were quick to reply back with useless talk....someone asked this question, so I tried to give my experience...

#20     Mar 31, 2008