AMP Futures MT5 moving TP become market order.

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by denvertan, Aug 22, 2018.

1. denvertan

denvertan

Hi, AMP,

Can you help to explain why this only happen during MT5 live trading?
    And worse it only happen during take profit ?

For me this seem more like a SPREAD.
    And when I ask your support on this, the answer he gave to me is "I did not handle DEMO".

During the MT5 demo this did not happen, while in Live this happened ?
    Why there are such a discrepancy in the Demo and Live?

2. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

Here is the explanation per MetaTrader Support Article:

How Take Profit and Stop Loss orders are executed in MetaTrader 5

For Exchange Contracts, Stop Loss and Take Profit orders are triggered according to the rules of the exchange where trading is performed. Usually this will be by Last price (price of the last performed transaction). In other words, a TP/SL order triggers when the Last price touches the specified TP/SL price.

However buying or selling as a result of the activation of a stop-order is always performed by the Bid and Ask prices during the activation of the Stop order, which may differ from the Price specified by the trader.

What this means = If you are working a Bracket Order <stop loss & take profit> orders, the take profit order is a MIT (Market Order if Touched) just like the Stop Loss order.
    Depending on the market conditions, since it is triggering a market order, there will be a difference between the final fill price and the take profit order price.

>> If you work a Straight Limit Order (not connected to a Bracket Order or if you using an automated trading strategy) the order will work as a limit order.