AMP Futures - Asia's Most Liquid Futures Mini-Nikkei 225 - Osaka-Japan (JPX) Now Available!!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by AMP_Futures, Apr 14, 2016.

1. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

Cool. Thank you for pointing this market out...we will make a notice here once available. Should be quick!

#31     Dec 12, 2016
  2. Mitch83

Mitch83

Hi learner,
    I'm with IB, but as you said, margin is way too high, and also data quality bad for charting.

#32     Dec 12, 2016
  3. Mitch83

Mitch83

Sounds very good!

#33     Dec 12, 2016
    AMP_Futures likes this.
  4. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

All set. OSE Tokyo 10-Year (BIG) is now available for live trading using AMP/CQG datafeed.

https://www.ampfutures.com/trading-info/margins/

We look forward to supporting you reach your trading goals!

#34     Dec 13, 2016
    Mitch83 likes this.
  5. Mitch83

Mitch83

Wow, that was fast. Margins look good!
    2 quick questions:
    1. Margins and data feed costs are quoted in USD. I would wire in JPY, so then I guess there would be no currency conversion costs when solely trading JGBs at OSE?
    2. Commissions: At IB I get 500 JPY per side all in. What are your rates?

#35     Dec 13, 2016
  6. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

1. once your AMP account is approved and funded, email trading@ampclearing.com > reference this post and we will setup your account charges to be solely in JPY.
    2. We will get this contract added to our cost calculator shortly. We will at least match, if not cheaper

#36     Dec 13, 2016
    Mitch83 likes this.
  7. Mitch83

Mitch83

Very nice.
    As I'm based in Europe, is it also possible to setup the account charges AND MARGINS in EUR when trading OSE? I have JPY but of course would prefer EUR because of the currency risk.

#37     Dec 13, 2016
  8. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

The CQG pre-trade risk/margins is USD based, so we will take the estimated conversion of your JPY deposit to calculate your approx USD balance (available margin). This is an back-end function, so no need to make any unnecessary currency conversion.

The trading PnL and exchange fees, will always be in JPY.

We support 10 different currencies deposits, so however you decide we can support your trading!

#38     Dec 13, 2016
  9. Mitch83

Mitch83

Ok, so just to be clear, this also applies to EUR deposits? Let's say I fund the account with 15000 EUR, hold 2 JGB contracts overnight (margin 7800*2 USD / 1,06 = 14717 EUR), then no currency conversion or other fee / charge is involved?
    And all account charges solely in EUR?
    Only PnL and exchange fees in JPY. Conversion fees only apply if I convert these JPY to EUR. Correct?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    #39     Dec 13, 2016
  10. comagnum

comagnum

Although the Nikkie 225 futures both USD & Yen are excellent trading instruments just be aware that unexpected news from the BOJ has sent the index into very fast impulsive shocks from 400 to over 1,000 points. Does not happen all that often -just be aware of this.

#40     Dec 13, 2016