AMP free platforms?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by R33C0, Sep 13, 2020.

1. CQG web trader or its mobile app working surprisingly well if you aren't trying to do anything complicated.

#11     Sep 13, 2020
    TimtheEnchanter likes this.
  2. R33C0

R33C0

Thanks weisman02
    looks like that one runs in a browser; will there be any lag issues with it? I’m a little bit freaked after coot’s last post.
    I’d like to trade ‘futures’, not ‘obituaries’! LOL

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    #12     Sep 13, 2020
  3. old coot

old coot

OEC data feed is through Gain Capital. They are well aware they have a severe problem, I'm not sure why they don't fix it. Everybody I keep up with is pretty happy with AMP. Some of them use Rythmic, most use CQG. The picture I posted, the AMP product is the chart on the left, dragged over to the gain trader, OEC, on the right, to show the time delay.
    You won't be exposed to the OEC feed at AMP. I've not seen anything that bad since I've been watching 2 feeds at a time. It's not a reflection on AMP, rather a reason to go with AMP, since their data is on time! As you can imagine, that was a pretty busy time, August 26, around 1:30 EDT...and AMP's data and the multichart was as smooth as could be.

#13     Sep 13, 2020
    Fonz, CALLumbus and AMP_Futures like this.
  4. AMP / CQG is what matters. MultiCharts is fine. But if you are a point and click trader, there is no equal to Sierra. Stop thinking so much about it. You can use both. Just not at the same time. Both costs you $0. Install both. Use both and see for yourself

#14     Sep 14, 2020
  5. wmwmw

wmwmw

Use MT5 & CQG ,mt5 chart is good enough for me.

#15     Sep 14, 2020
    AMP_Futures likes this.
  6. They

They

SierraCharts via CQG - very satisfied

#16     Sep 14, 2020
    VPhantom, CALLumbus and AMP_Futures like this.
  7. R33C0

R33C0

Thank you all for replies!
    Gonna sign up AMP/try to install & set it up after work today. Looks like I’ll try CQG + Sierra first . .
    let yez know how it goes . .

#17     Sep 14, 2020
    AMP_Futures likes this.
  8. comagnum

comagnum

I have been considering switching over to Sierra Charts from MC-Net. Can you tell me if their 'free' Sierra Charts has a plotted VWAP & multi-bracket orders, meaning 2 or 3 different profit target prices and more than a single stop loss price.? Much appreciated.

#18     Sep 14, 2020
  9. toby400

toby400

Outside of the US
    Let us know how you get on. I was about to open AMP account then read trust Pilot reviews. Not good and no rebuttals by AMP. I am confused and their live chat usually states they are busy and ask for email promising to reply !!

#19     Sep 14, 2020
  10. ondafringe

ondafringe

The free SC platform provides VWAP and VWAP-Rolling, and you can pre-configure bracket orders/OCOs with multiple targets and each target will have its own stop.

#20     Sep 14, 2020
    AMP_Futures and comagnum like this.