AMP free platforms?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by R33C0, Sep 13, 2020.

1. R33C0

R33C0

Hi,
    I am interested in opening a small acct ($2000) with AMP to trade micro futures.
    Anybody using one of their free platforms?
    Can you tell me what you like about it?

2. I have used SC before AMP and still use it because of chart trading

VPhantom likes this.
  3. cafeole

cafeole

I used SC with AMP and really liked it.

AMP_Futures likes this.
  4. steve2222

steve2222

Ditto, I use SC Package 3 free via AMP. Have done for years. It is fed with he CQG datafeed.
    All round it is an excellent solution.

AMP_Futures likes this.
  5. R33C0

R33C0

Thanks for replies!

"I used SC with AMP and really liked it."

What made you stop?

6. cafeole

cafeole

I have quit trading futures

7. old coot

old coot

I use multicharts with AMP and CQG feed. The user manual is 934 page long PDF. There are many, many videos on Youtube. Yet, still, I don't find it particularly user intuitive. It may well be on account of my age and the type of charting, trade page, etc that I used many years ago.
    I will tell you this, though, the program keeps up with the feed, which is all I need. I always run at least 2 feeds from different sources on different computers, because I don't trust anybody, and amp/cqg/Multicharts is always fastest.

8. R33C0

R33C0

Thanks for the tip old coot.

“I always run at least 2 feeds from different sources on different computers, because I don't trust anybody,”

Could this mean that it’s possible to have 2 computers running MES at 1 minute time frame . . and show 2 different price activities?

9. old coot

old coot

Yes, if one is running slow. Your data may be a few seconds to a few minutes delayed. The worst I've ever seem is OEC. Here's a screenshot from one afternoon when there was a lot of action, and OEC is lagging CQG badly... That's a 14 minute lag!!!!

10. R33C0

R33C0

YIKES! :wtf:
    Almost scares me out of trading! . . thanks again coot.
    So far I have SC and multi as candidates.
    Anybody else want to chime in?

#10     Sep 13, 2020