AMP connection problems

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by hurricane_sh, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Yesterday I couldn't connect CQG for a couple of hours, chat support fixed it for me. Now I couldn't connect again, I have open positions, I'm waiting for chat support, but there are 22 persons waiting in front of me, it will take a while. Does anyone know how to get help quickly?

2. p0box4

p0box4

Try calling them.

3. Everything is great with AMP except the connection, very frustrating. IB is so much bettern on this.

4. hilmy83

hilmy83

i connected just fine. both from tradingview cqg, and cqg desktop. and i'm at work too..

5. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

I had a login hiccup yesterday. I use Sierrachart w/CQG. The Sierra log clearly showed it was a CQG issue. My first thought was it's June 1, and feed charges were not updated. The log mentioned not enabled for symbols.

In my case, I shut down SC (along with any other open applications) and then did a full shut down (full shutdown not a reboot) of the trading rig for about 3 mins.

Restarted, opened SC and all was good. No issues today. Issues with AMP are few and far between for me...

6. It's OK now, support fixed it. Thanks, guys!

7. hilmy83

hilmy83

i remember one time CQG did have issue..AMP was like..wtf you want us to do lol...not in those words of course. but i get it. They're just a clearing. all the platform issues, we need to figure out.

8. steve2222

steve2222

Identical experience for me.
    I even raised a support ticket with AMP and had to cancel it 4 minutes later when I shut down SC, restarted it and found it connected this time.

Likewise issues with AMP are few and far between for me as well.

9. heispark

heispark

AMP's business flies high and I guess their employees are overloaded. They now often don't reply to emails and make billing mistakes. Watch your daily/monthly statement carefully. Chat service is also not very helpful these days. They just refer other email addressees to contact. Good to see their business is doing very well anyway.....

10. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

Hi Guys...confirmed. There was unexpected issue with a number of Trading Platforms connected to Rithmic. The platforms needed to update their programs to resolve the settings.
    We created this quick link for the new installer files for the platform: https://support.ampglobal.com/hc/en...LS-Certificate-Files-Needed-as-of-June-1-2020

For the Monthly Exchange Data Fees, please note...all we do is get the billing file from the ISV (CQG, Rithmic, TT) and process the charges. If you get charged, this means your account is on the ISV billing file that is paid to the Exchange (CME, EUREX, etc...)

The 1st few days of the month are always the busiest, due to many of our customers making request to change/updated their data connection to avoid Exchange Data fees for the new month.

We understand this beginning of the month work load and extend our working hours for our back office staff to get all the request processed as quickly as possible.

If you ever have an unsatisfactory experience, please let us know...we will address ASAP!
    https://www.ampfutures.com/amp-customer-service-guarantee/

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    #10     Jun 3, 2020
    heispark likes this.