AMP alternative ?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by john.wick, Mar 26, 2020.

1. toby400

toby400

Hi AMP
    Here is another MAC native version of MT5 etc you could consider !
    You say they have one in Beta for us European traders - why not adopt this Mac native version for us Uk Mac owners to trade FUTURES on?

https://admiralmarkets.com.au/trading-platforms/metatrader-4/for-mac

#31     Apr 9, 2020
  2. toby400

toby400

AMP on holiday ?

#32     Apr 13, 2020
  3. FTDK

FTDK

If you want a fast answer send them an email. This is a public forum, not an official support page.

#33     Apr 13, 2020
  4. heispark

heispark

That's one of the open source Wine project variants. Its performance is similar to virtual machine and limited. There is MT4 version too.

#34     Apr 13, 2020
  5. toby400

toby400

No. it was a public question for a public forum. I can wait. but thankyou for your concern and advice

#35     Apr 13, 2020
  6. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

We have received this response from MetaQuotes:
    • There is no Mac version and we don't have plans to develop it.
    • On the example provided, one can download DMG file, an image of unpacked MetaTrader Client Terminal folder with an emulator to run win-application on Mac OS.You can create your own DMG package for distributing among your clients, if you decide to do so, please consider integrity of terminal: do not add any 3rd party executables, EAs containing DLL files.
    • It is image of folder with virtualization software like Parallels or Wine + PC terminal unpacked.
    Conclusion: MetaQuotes is currently not going to develop or support a native Mac OS version.

For a solid solution, not a "rigged" version of MetaTrader - you can install https://www.parallels.com on your Mac and install a fully supported version of Metatrader - parallels is only $79. A very small investment for you to run a solid native version of MetaTrader on your Mac.

#36     Apr 14, 2020
  7. toby400

toby400

AMP - thanks for making enquiries and getting back to me. Much appreciated.

#37     Apr 14, 2020
  8. southall

southall

Im think of opening an account at AMP:

Does anyone know what time you need close/reduce your positions to meet overnight margin.

Is it 5 minutes before the close or just before the session close.

The text on the AMP website is a bit ambiguous. Seems to suggest you can do this during the last 5 minutes. But then other places on the website seem to suggest you need to reduce exposure 5 minutes before the session ends of you get wacked for $25 per contract.

I read this
    "These margins are in effect anytime the market is open, except the last 5 minutes of each trading session. AMP Gobal request that you either flatten open positions or meet the exchange required maintenance margin during this time period."

#38     Apr 15, 2020
  9. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

5 mins BEFORE the session ends.

Caveat: I have never pushed this... for my own safety and sanity, I also use an auto flatten and cancel all open orders 10 mins prior. I have never regretted needing to place a fresh order or just calling it a day.

#39     Apr 15, 2020
    Overnight likes this.
  10. toby400

toby400

AMP ( USA )replied to an online enquiry and suggested Tradeview as a package. Their charts seem okay and work well on the Imac. Being awkward I had had a demo with CQG ( data provider?) some time ago and now it is difficult to get the platform on demo cos they only allow one demo. Not to worry, I have applied for an AMP account, albeit I am in the UK, and look forward to sorting it out and trying my hand at Futures ( micro's to start with) and leaving Spread betting behind. Just need to get past the demo ban and load on Imac with
    AMP ( USA )as my broker. Looking forward to it and found this as an intro. to US Futures trading.It's a start :)
    Okay -I posted the video with tongue in cheek but was struck by the fact that he was not ( seemingly) trying to hook the unwary, via spurious videos, to buy courses.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    #40     Apr 17, 2020