Amp, Advantage, Global, or Mirus Futures Trading?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by BlueStreek, May 17, 2010.

1. computer capabilities will not be a problem on my end, well above average, just need to find that broker.....that is like the porsche of futures brokers....a gt3rs...if you will:)

#11     May 17, 2010
  2. spd

spd

Mirus/zen-fire here..cant complain.

I know nothing of the others you mentioned.

#12     May 17, 2010
  3. #13     May 17, 2010
  4. Yeah, that`s what I am wanting here: just if you use one of the aformentioned firms what do you like about the broker, and what would be one thing you would want to be different if you had the power to influence a change.

Like for example, I think Fidelity has a bunch of neatly configured trading tools, like their direct access trading book, but they don`t offer futures. Scotttrade when I was there, you could trade pink sheet stocks with no extra fee, velocity i liked the x-trader included, but they are under-resourced in my opinion, ib has one account access, but there platform tools have finally pushed my last nerve, etc.

Basically, I am trying to get some ideas from other experienced traders, their personal experiences, and then I will make my best judgement and switch next week.

I am also researching, but for instance it appears with Global Futures the GS Trader Pro, which was recommended earlier in this thread, has a .75 transaction fee, not sure if this is capped at some point, but what is my all-in cost per month for this tool, and why should I choose this one over Ninja Trader which runs about $60 a month.

These are some of the things I am trying to compare with the different brokers, any help to shorten the learning curve would be greatly appreciated.

#14     May 17, 2010
  5. Choosing a futures broker:

1) CLEARING FIRM
    2) ALL-IN COMMISSION FOR THE INSTRUMENTS -YOU- TRADE.
    3) AVAILABILITY OF -YOUR- NEEDED/WANTED PLATFORM
    4) DOES -YOUR- BROKER/REP HAVE MORE THAN A WEEK OR TWO OF EXPERIENCE.

You on the other hand, must first decide what platform you want to use. (hint: a platform will NOT make you profitable or not-profitable). BTW; your statement of Scottrade allowing pink sheet trades without extra fees shows complete naivety of the stock trading business.

#15     May 17, 2010
  6. yeah , that`s why i left they get money from mm for order flow, you get below average fills

#16     May 17, 2010
  7. joe4422

joe4422

You should add infinity futures to you list.

I prefer IB, but I just do simple orders, no brackets or anything.

#17     May 18, 2010
  8. Mirus is the best one. I am with them and am happy:)

I would not recommend infinity to anyone. Their support is terrible and I realy dislike Patrick´s attitude ..

#18     May 19, 2010
  9. A very, VERY GOOD broker and AWESOME platform, but NT+ zen-fire is better.

#19     May 19, 2010
  10. emg

emg

Oh please!!.. Zen fire is a repackaged (marketing name) based on rithmic technology. you are probably paying a bit more on commission for name only

#20     May 19, 2010