Ammo Drought

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fleming Snopes, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Todd, an interesting new perspective on you! I like rifles and shotguns just fine, got almost enough of them (Charlie Wilson: "Too much is not enough!"), but I really love handguns the best. Got more 380's, 9mm's and 357's than I have fingers on my hands. And two more on my trading-pays-for-it wish list. But reloading? I can just imagine the wife saying "You have a five pound can of WHAT in the gradge? And a tin of fulminate of mercury? OUT!"

#11     Dec 8, 2009
  2. Arnie

Arnie

If any of you guys run across some M1 ball and cap ammo, let me know. I just traded for 2 bandoliers (100 rds) but that ain't enough. Used to be able to get it through CMP, but they are out and not even taking orders. Some of the Greek stuff is good, but even that's out or the price is crazy high.

#12     Dec 8, 2009
  3. Scuse my iggorance? M1 carbine in black powder?

#13     Dec 8, 2009
  4. AyeYo

AyeYo

As mentioned in an older gold thread, I own a good number of 50 peso gold coins through an inheritance. I was a buyer of gold (albeit not physical gold) of gold in the mid $900's, but I cashed out all my positions when I left Forex.com (which is where I was trading it). I no longer trade it. I've never really been into commodities trading.

#14     Dec 8, 2009
  5. AyeYo

AyeYo

I think he meant just .30-06 ball, like the mil-surp stuff.

#15     Dec 8, 2009
  6. Arnie

Arnie

yes. :D

#16     Dec 9, 2009
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Seems like I read somewhere that most of the cheap military surplus had simply been sold/used up.

#17     Dec 9, 2009
  8. #18     Dec 9, 2009
  9. AyeYo

AyeYo

^Wow that's a solid deal.

False.

#19     Dec 9, 2009
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Quote from Lucrum:

Seems like I read somewhere that most of the cheap military surplus had simply been sold/used up.

Good to know.

#20     Dec 9, 2009