AmiBroker: sorting by entrytime

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by cstdc1000, May 21, 2005.

1. Picture is worth a hundred words.

First of all don't give up on AB support. Just bug them more, as you're entitled to their help. They should at least ask you more questions about what you want to do (did you send them the images?).

Second of all, there's a Yahoo user group mentioned on the AB site, and there prob are some 'real' AFL experts on that forum.

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker

As far as you're "sorting" problem, I'm out of ideas. Any AFL with real time data is messy and non-trivial from what I've seen so far.

I assume you're using the Pro version of AB. If not you'll need that. Std version doesn't do real time.

GetRTData("Last") is here:

http://amibroker.com/guide/afl/index.php

Good luck.

#11     May 27, 2005
  2. The problem you are having is due to the H:mm:ss time format you have set in Windows Control Panel -> Regional Settings.

Just change it to HH:mm:ss (note double HH instead of H) and sorting will be working just perfect.

#12     May 31, 2005

3. Thank you for your reply.

I follow your recommendation to change the time format from H:mm:ss to HH:mm:ss, but the sorting problem still persist. I attached 2 pictures so you can clearly see these situations.

I use the 5-min chart and scan every minute for the 30 stocks I follow. The AFL is shown below:

Cond = Cross(EMA(Close, 10), EMA(Close, 20) );
    Cond1 = Cross(EMA(Close, 20), EMA(Close, 10) );
    Buy = Cond;
    Sell = Cond1;

On average, 100 or above signals will appear each day. I hope these signals are sorted according to hh:mm:ss so the newest-coming-in signals are on the top or on the bottom so I¡¯ll see them immediately. Now the 4 columns in the AA Window can¡¯t perform this function. No matter I use Ticker, Trade, Date or Close to sort the symbols, the newest-coming-in symbols are mixed among all the symbols, so I need very long time to find them. This is a very time-consuming job. I usually only use this function in the 1st hour after the market opens. When the symbols accumulate to 20 or more, I have to give up using AmiBroker.

I hope you can increase the hh:mm:ss sorting function in the AA Window. The Date or the Date/Time function now can¡¯t satisfy the demand of Daytrading. Besides, I hope you can add the setting default function, so I can default the setting once and it won¡¯t go back to sorting by Ticker. At least, I hope every time I open AA Window, I only have to default the setting once and the defaulted setting will remain the same until I close the AA Window.

#13     Jun 15, 2005
  4. AmiBroker: sorting by date

#14     Jun 15, 2005
  5. AmiBroker: sorting by entrytime

#15     Jun 15, 2005
  6. Hello,

Thank you for your reply. So it appears there must be some local problem on your machine as sorting works fine on all our testing machines plus no one else is reporting similar problem.
    We will be able to resolve the problem over regular support channel (i.e. email to support-at-amibroker.com).
    These boards are not convenient for doing support (if someone writes here we are not aware of it),
    so I suggest to switch to regular e-mail. Thank you.

#16     Jun 15, 2005