Amibroker + OpenTick

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by clearpicks, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Is there anyone knows whether it is possible to view 1s, 5s and 15s charts in Amibroker 5.0 professional version using opentick plugin? If so, could you send me a screenshot of Amiborker 5second charts of ES U7 and ZS X7 using opentick feed with at least three day data loaded in each chart? I need to make sure Amibroker works with opentick and is able to retrieve enough bars from opentick before I order Amibroker 5.0 professional. Any help is greatly appeciated.

- Clearpicks

2. empee

empee

ami can import csv

3. bluedemon77

bluedemon77 Guest

I tried it a couple of months ago and it didn't work very well. Maybe Open Tick fixed the AmiBroker plug-in since then, but I gave up on it.

4. Thanks for all the responses. If the opentick plug-in does not work well, is there a simple program to download data from OpenTick and save it to txt files, so that I can port them into Amibroker manually? I just want to use Amibroker to do some backtesting, so realtime data plug-in is not a must.

5. If you only used EOD u.s data, amibroker has a free connection to yahoo going back to 1980

6. I need intraday 1s, 10s and 1minute data.

7. http://www.opentick.com/index.php?app=content&event=api&menu=products

Historical CSV:
    A simple console application that allows you to request historical tick or OHLC data and save it into CSV format file supported by Microsoft Excel and a lot of popular programs