Amibroker - Is it King of retail trading software??

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gmst, May 17, 2013.

1. kut2k2

kut2k2

Thanks, George

I'm not talking about multi-threading or multiple vendors, and I probably didn't express myself correctly. I suspect neither AmiBroker nor any other platform vendor is set up to provide what I'm looking for. Thanks for the info.

#71     Jun 19, 2013
  2. :confused:

Then why don't you tell more precisely what you are looking for instead of keeping yourself in the dark about platform vendors? Again ask their support and you will get a technical correct reply and probably any assumption will be gone.

#72     Jun 19, 2013
  3. KeLo

KeLo

TS has a newer "Portfolio Maestro" which is still not 100% reliable.
    TS is also 32-bit and mostly single-core. TS is working to improve. However, they are still behind both MC and AB in many ways.

#73     Nov 16, 2013
  4. gmst

gmst

TradeSim - Is it a competing KING??

From their website, where they explain why Amibroker implements positionscore variable and why it is a bad way to tackle the problem of selection

http://www.compuvision.com.au/Examples/PortofolioOptimizationMyth.htm

Interesting example from their website (check especially part 2)
    http://www.compuvision.com.au/Examples/HolyGrailPart1.htm

#74     May 26, 2014
  5. Alex27

Alex27

#75     Mar 17, 2016
  6. Sergio77

Sergio77

Amibroker is the best, by far.

#76     Mar 20, 2016
    tom2 likes this.
  7. Alex27

Alex27

Have you compared it Sierra Charts and Matlab etc?

#77     Mar 20, 2016
  8. AB rules. I wish their support would be more willing to take on consulting work since the system can do so much and unless you are willing to spend time and $ using external consultants to learn its funtionalities, you can only scrape a portion of its amazing flexibility.I've use Sierra, TS, Investor RT, and scripting language in Esignal and TOSwim. AB is by far ahead when it comes to tech analysis. Case in point... With Excel to price out various option scenarios, trader can use AB to figure out questions such as... how much $ will I make or lose if I buy a call butterfly or a vertical spread IF
    I put on options position daily at 10am or if price > 5 day mvg average....etc. Those things can't be done with the other systems....

#78     Apr 8, 2016
    Alex27 likes this.